logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phaedrus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:04:17 AM(UTC)
Phaedrus

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello everybody.

I like to examine stocks in two time frames: weekly and daily. The Periodicity button at the right bottom of MetaStock is great for that. However, I would like the set of indicators and parameters to change depending on the time frame I'm viewing.

For example, in the weekly time frame I want a 26-bar EMA and the MACD-Histogram. In the daily time frame I want Stochastics and a 13-bar EMA.

I have already found a way of achieving this by using two charts (based on two different templates) for the same security. However, switching between the two views is not as easy as easy. More importantly, annotations, trendlines etc that I draw on one chart does not appear on others.

Right now I'm coloring weekly stuff in green and daily stuff in red, trying to tell my eyes to filter out the color of the time frame that is not selected. Needless to say, it doesn't make my charts very intuitive, and also my screen is cluttered because it contains both the weekly and daily indicators.

Can someone point me to the right way of doing things? Thanks in advance...

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:48:25 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Phaedrus,

Welcome to the Forum.

You might be interested in the recent discussion going on here: http://forum.equis.com/forums/permalink/26842/26842/ShowThread.aspx#26842