logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RazzaDazzla  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:23:57 PM(UTC)
RazzaDazzla

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hey ladies and gents.

I am completley new to Metastock so please be patient.

I have gotten my hands on Metastock 10.0 and want to know how I can set it up so that I can get Australian Data.

Currently when I view Help > About; it says "Online Data Vendor: Reuters DataLink".

I have played around with settings and even web resources, but I can't seem to find where I can setup a data provider.

As I said I need ASX data. Is it possible to get past ASX data free anywhere?

What providers are cheapest, most reccomended for end of day data?

I would also love to be able to get live quotes through Metastock to save having to log into Commsec for live prices.

Cheers
Ryan

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 3:12:44 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi RazzaDazzla

Welcome to the Forum.

Now that you have MetaStock, you need to find the data to go into it.

There are a number of different data providers for ASX data: some are free and some are not. Some peope argue that you get what you pay for, which in the data provider context, means that when you pay for a data provider, they should give you services to ensure that you get clean data, in the format yuo want, in the sections/groups that you want, with little/no stuffing around trying to change formats or create lists etc.

I will guess the bigger Aussie data providers are Norgate (Premium Data), Paritech, JustData and maybe a few more. Do a Google to find their websites and see what services each offers. Reuters also provides data. Most of these are for EOD data. You can get free data from ComSec, NAB etc as well as Yahoo! and several other places. Not all of these sources are reliable and often you have to manually perform adjustments or spend time tweaking the free data. (If it costs you your time, is the data truly free?)

For RT data, you will need the services of QuoteCenter or eSignal commensurate with the version of MS Professional you purchased. You can find out more at the Equis products web page.

Hope this helps.

wabbit [:D]

P.S. I use Norgate for my data, but please do your own research.