logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MS Leopard  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
MS Leopard

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello together,

my PC Drive is full and need a new one.

My Problem ist that i have created some "new indicators" and don`t know where i can find they at my Drive (C:\Programme\EQUIS\...) !!! I want to save my "new indicators" cause i musst uninstall and install metastock new. sdo i am afraid right now to save my "new indicator list" !!! Is it possible at all !? ?! I think it shouldn`t be a problem ...

Who can give me support ?
Thanks ahead for answering !

Reagards
MS Leopard
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:15:22 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey ms lepoard..... your indicators are in the C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock folder in a dta file which corresponds to your meta version..... such as ms90form is version 9 formulas , and ms10form contains the formulas in version 10...... unless you are figurin on just copying the entire dta file, which is a good policy, there is not much you can do with it..... but you could copy it to a cd or a usb flash drive....

meta has a built in organizer to export the needed formulas , experts, explorations and such.... don't take that term 'organizer' literally...... 'exporter' would more accurate and there are a few quirks to using it.... exporting to a folder is a one shot deal...... so if you export a bunch of formulas and then notice you forgot one, it's too late..... you'll have to do the whole deal again and use a empty folder.....

for the most part, the folders contents are difficult to tell whats what..... i did figure a way around the confusion,which was an interesting exercise but not really practical......h

MS Leopard  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 9:01:09 AM(UTC)
MS Leopard

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello hayseed,

"hey ms lepoard..... your indicators are in the C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock folder in a dta file which corresponds to your meta version..... such as ms90form is version 9 formulas , and ms10form contains the formulas in version 10...... unless you are figurin on just copying the entire dta file, which is a good policy, there is not much you can do with it..... but you could copy it to a cd or a usb flash drive...."

I am using MetaStock 8.0 and find "MS80FORM.DTA" - This should it be ...

"meta has a built in organizer to export the needed formulas , experts, explorations and such.... don't take that term 'organizer' literally...... 'exporter' would more accurate and there are a few quirks to using it.... exporting to a folder is a one shot deal...... so if you export a bunch of formulas and then notice you forgot one, it's too late..... you'll have to do the whole deal again and use a empty folder....."

brilliant - that´s smooth !!! thats really really usefull ...

"for the most part, the folders contents are difficult to tell whats what..... i did figure a way around the confusion,which was an interesting exercise but not really practical......h"

Thank you very much !!! I am using Meatstock since August this year and find my home here in this forum !!! have a good time ...

Best regards
MS Leopard