logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kiran.v  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 3:21:24 AM(UTC)
kiran.v

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi,
We have recently purchased the read/ write version of MSFL. I am trying to develop an application using C# 2005. I am able to read data from files properly but when i am trying to add data (using MSFL1_AddSecurity), it says "invalid function call". Could any one help me with this?
and also, in the cd, i received 2 files in the msfl[x].dll and msfl[x]d.dll what is the difference between the files?
An early response would be highly appreciated.
Kiran
nobel_1101  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 9:34:24 AM(UTC)
nobel_1101

kiran.v wrote:
I am able to read data from files properly but when i am trying to add data (using MSFL1_AddSecurity), it says "invalid function call". Could any one help me with this?

Sorry if this sounds silly but are you sure you have the write version?

If you are using C# to access metastock data how are you making calls to the msfl.dll? I think the MDK only supplies you code and header files for C++, VB, Delphi and Powerbasic.

As far as I know, the difference in the dlls is one is a release version and one is a debug version. I don't think there's any difference in functionality.

Regards

Craig

Branden Russell  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 9:53:19 AM(UTC)
Branden Russell

That means that you either don't have the read/write version or you haven't followed the instructions in the manual or sample on setting up your code to have permissions to write.

The only difference between the file with the d and without is that the d means debug.

We do not support C# as a language to develop MDK products in, so we're unable to assist you with that part. If you received a read/write version (which we don't usually sell, so that'd be odd), then it should come with samples to help you figure out how to do a write.

For more help on figuring out if you received the read/write version, and how to set it up if you did, please contact MDK support msdevkit@equis.com.
kiran.v  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2007 3:33:22 AM(UTC)
kiran.v

Thanks for the response.

I had requested the write version and i was pretty sure that i got the write version after looking at the CD Label "Including MSFL Write Version". But later upon conforming with the sales team got to know that it is not the Write version.

One Question:

How can we create Add-ins for Meta-Stock (just for read obviously)? Is there any special libraries available for that or with MSFL itself you can do that?

nobel_1101  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2007 5:00:37 AM(UTC)
nobel_1101

Hi Kiran

What do you mean by add-ins? Custom indicators? You would use the MSX library for that.

MSFL is primarily for external applications only but can also be handy in custom indicators when doing Relative Strength calcs.

Craig