logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dragonik  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 3:11:44 PM(UTC)
dragonik

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, i am a new user to MS and having read few posts on forum i did not find any re: following: [1] if I have 5min data - is it possible to run system tester on different intervals? eg. 30 min [2] is it possible to build a system where entry signals are coming from one periodicity eg. 15m and closing ones from another one eg. 30min? Can it be done within MS or a special add-on must be written. Thank you in advance. Dragonik
mstt  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:25:50 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Dragonik

I just posted this post to Tjarko. I think your problem is the same as his so this should help.

The system periodicity (to be used with EOD or intraday data) is set at the time the data is loaded. The test periodicity must be set when starting from scratch (having no data loaded). Once loaded the periodicity cannot be changed.

When selecting a new test portfolio, the Periodicity option at the bottom left of the Add Securities window will be enabled. Mark the required securities, and then select the wanted periodicity.

Once beyond this step the periodicity cannot be changed. That applies to both the existing portfolio and when adding more securities. All securities must be removed and the load process started anew if a periodicity different from the default or selected one is required. Otherwise the option will be disabled. The default periodicity is usually the same as the underlying data

Roy

MetaStock Tips & Tools