logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IanC  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2007 1:30:56 AM(UTC)
IanC

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Greetings to all,

My name is Ian and I am a new trader (from down under) and have just bought MS 9 real-time for esignal.

Have researched the messages and FAQ on this and various forums for hours/days but nothing seems to cover my specific question.

I want to link from an IQfeed as that works out much cheaper (than esignal) as all I am after is historical and real-time forex data.

To get decent data I realise you probably have to pay so happy to do that as opposed to Alpari/Metatrader/MQ DDE feed as I guess that will be harder to stream into MS via DDE without breaks and back-fill issues {please correct me if I am wrong as no one dislikes something decent for nothing :-) }

Can you advise the best way to get this streaming+historical data across into MS? I have RT metaserver 2.0 DDE for windows so could use this (and I hear the similar RT ondemand server for IQ feed will probably do the trick too but don't own that so is another $300 and want to avoid this if possible).

So any ideas on best way to get real-time and historical IQFeed into MS and displayed on charts live as if IQ was a supported feed similar to esignal? Happy to hear other alternatives to ones I mention here or advice on how to set up the scenario I mention.

Also how do I set up Metastock to see this IQfeed data in on-line mode without it keeping on wanting to connect to esignal? Have not installed yet so is it something you do when setting up?

Many thanks for your anticipated help and I look forward to hopefully being a contributing member of the forum.

Cheers

Ian

gruvtune  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2007 10:19:26 AM(UTC)
gruvtune

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Look here;

http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/msrt/#iqf

MetaServer RT 3.0. for DTN IQFeed

MetaServer RT 3.0 for IQFeed version records quotations directly from DTN's IQFeed data stream
and update charts of Omega 2000i Products or Equis MetaStock 6.52/7.x in real time. IQFeed is
a real-time financial quotes and data Internet vending service by DTN, the recognized world
leader in Internet quotes providing.

* Supporting portfolios with large numbers of instruments;
* High robustness;
* Optimized using of computer resource's;
* Flexible data collection templates which allows you to configure the quote records
to store in TradeStation or MetaStock;
* Automatic calculation of the middle price for instruments;
* High speed data processing using our PassThrough Feed (tm) technology;
* New convenient program interface.

http://www.traderssoft.com/ts/msrt/buy/

Note: I am NOT associated with Traderssoft in ANY way. Just passing info along.