logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pikachu  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:09:54 PM(UTC)
pikachu

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi,

I am trying to import Forex tick data, more specifically Oanda historical data, into Metastock Pro 9 for back testing, This should be pretty straight foward if I can translate the Oanda CSV to the Metastock CSV file format then import it into MetaStock using the Downloader, but I just can't seem to find the right information I need.

1) How does MetaStock handle the spread, the bid/ask prices? My search so far seems to suggest that the MetaStock Intraday CSV data formats only support OHLC prices.

2) Where can I find the full "official" description of the Metastock CSV file format? What does the 'I' field in the intraday file format do? Also is there a naming convention for the FX Pairs with MetaStock?

Thanks,
pika

hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:44:48 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey pika.... some of the fx guys might answer those questions better than me.... but odds are the charts, esp when using meta 9, will be bid only so the ask might not be shown.... and yes, the charts will be ohlc on the bid..... the fx version of meta might work differently.... my copy has expired so i can't say for sure......

you can use alpari data in meta.... its in the proper format already.... goes straight in with no problems.... i use the pair name such as , eurusd, usdcad and such..... works great.....h

pikachu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:21:48 PM(UTC)
pikachu

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks Hayseed, I'm actually using the midprice but then deducting the half the spread on entry and exit.