logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2007 12:04:35 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hot on the heels of MetaStock v10's popular RMO trading system, comes the latest craze: the Ramona Bands Strategy. Instructions (please read first!) Setup file Chart sample Should it be bundled with MS v11? ;) Please take a (free) look at it, and share your thoughts on it here. :) jose '-)
minnamor  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2007 12:02:48 AM(UTC)
minnamor

Hi Jose,

the formulae are password protected. Success rates on both longs and shorts based on entries and time only (5 and 20 days) are in excess of 60% which would rank this system among the best candidates for further study (filter, confirmation, stop losses, profit stops etc). But I do not understand the tone of your comments. Is this a joke or is it a genuine system? Sorry, but I obviously have littl sense of humour. Regards.

Maurizio

Jose  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2007 11:47:43 AM(UTC)
Jose

Maurizio, if I had to disclose if the RBS was a joke, it wouldn't be that funny (assuming it was funny in the first place), eh!? Put it this way: 1) Some say that the Ramona Bands are too good to be true. They hug price like a mother hugs her baby. 2) Others say that one should never trust password-protected or black-box strategies. 3) And yet others say that if this was a seriously profitable strategy, I should probably keep it to myself and trade a large fund with it. 4) Failing #3, I perhaps I should sell it or bundle it promotionally with other software packages... ;) My suggestion is to keep an open mind, but be wary of anything that promises easy wealth. jose '-)
sportrider  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2007 7:13:27 PM(UTC)
sportrider

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would have paid you the price of an upgrade for the ramona bands system.This is'nt a laughing matter this system is serious.
Jose  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2007 7:45:25 PM(UTC)
Jose

Hear that, Mr Equis? Maybe the Ramona Bands indicator would be a welcome addition to MetaStock v11. I would also add the unique Lunar Indicator to the list of default indicators in MetaStock's next version, just as BullCharts have done. jose '-)
uasish  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:43:03 AM(UTC)
uasish

Jose,

Are you serious ? This isn't any kind of joke ,however let me study it,my 1st reaction ,why would Jose disclose it to Equis ? Recognition cant be a motivation for you or Roy.Mr Rahul Mohinder is of my city ,has seen from close quaters ,as we traders normally size up ,he is good ,there are also few others in this city & many more in my country far better than Rahul.For me Roy,you are the people we learn from,moreover Rahul uses Get & RMO has similarity of few Get indicators.His father is a Vendor for Get & MS since long.RBS is excellent for traders in my 2mins observation .

Thks.

Asish

uasish  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:27:04 AM(UTC)
uasish

Jose,

RBS signals & band values are dynamic.You are never an advocate of dynamic values rather you trounce it,hence this must be a joke.

Asish

Jose  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:58:49 AM(UTC)
Jose

Dynamic... I kind of like that word. A bit like Batman & Robin, the Dynamic Duo. :) If the RBS is dynamic, then we must learn to tame the beast and make it static. jose '-)
Mac  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:33:12 AM(UTC)
Mac

Jose,

I must say that at first look I too am baffled by your RBS indicator. Unless RBS sports a dynamic final adjustment (like Zig Zag) or is somehow a spoof of RMO (as in RBS doubling as an acronym for Rahul Bull S***), your RBS (the band itself) appears to offer a rather remarkable blend of smoothness with eerily slight to at times nonexistent lag. Black box aside, I think I'll track it alongside a time-tested and reliable Jurik crossover indicator that I use. And may I ask why you are so insistent that RBS in no way be used for trading?

Regards,

Andrew McDonald

Jose  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:59:32 AM(UTC)
Jose

Andrew, the RBS seems too good to be true. Furthermore, nobody seems to know anything at all about this world-renowned market trader, Ramona Sillisatock. I would be very suspicious of any blackbox-type indicator, specially if found to be dynamic in any way. ;) jose '-)
wabbit  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:14:51 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Andrew and All,

Zigzag (and its offspring Peak() and Trough() ) are not the only functions that cause 'dynamic results' or 'dynamacism' (new word!)

Hindsight indicators can be created using Ref() with a positive value to "see into the future" and LastValue() where even the very first bar on the chart "knows" what the value will be on the very last bar of the chart!

Any trading system using forward Ref(), LastValue(), Peak(), Trough(), Zig() etc must be used with EXTREME CAUTION, actually it is safer to say they should NEVER be traded.

Jose's excellent example code might be using any/all of these functions, but he does warn that his system is dynamic and should NOT be traded. Anyone who does trade Ramona has only themselves to blame when they lose their savings.

wabbit [:D]

Mac  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:22:31 AM(UTC)
Mac

Jose and Wabbit,

Thanks much for the good advice. My interest in RBS stems from past experience with hindsight adjusted indicators that, once their peculiarities were known, were often more than intriguing, even useful. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am only gauging RBS in comparison with a time-tested Jurik indicator that I use in evaluating comparable trends. If "someone" has preceded me in this effort, your observations would be much appreciated. Ramona, don't be coy.

Regards,

Andrew McDonald