logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jjstein  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:25:01 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I'm using MasterDataCSV to plot an forecast indicator calculated in Excel, and need to access the next day's reading from the CSV file.

However, Ref(x,+1) -- one day past the last date of the base security -- doesn't seem to work

Is there any way to do this?

bryanmccormick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:44:18 PM(UTC)
bryanmccormick

As far as I know this isn't possible in terms of display directly. Oddly you can manually copy those values and paste them into the Chart window (as an indicator study) and that works. Reference by formula to future values will not work. Why? I think the explanation was that the program was never designed to do forecasting ahead so it could not natively plot ahead. You can draw things manually ahead, you can do the cut and paste of ahead values from Excel or another source, but nope, no plot on the chart.

I think I tried out MSX_KSR which lets you read or write anything in or out. The "ahead" values in the file were correct, MS just truncated the results to the last valid day. I think even setting the chart time ahead will not work (fooling the app into thinking tomorrow is today, which of course could lead to other issues).

Ben_Zurich  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:41:24 AM(UTC)
Ben_Zurich

have the same problem, also with csv.

one possiblitiy (though rather cumbersome) is to create a "fake" security that is filled with dummy future value and display it in the chart. the problem is, referencing between the one to be traded and the one imported. i am currently trying it but somehow stuff crashes.

please let me know should you find a solution.