logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
happysingh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:41:29 AM(UTC)
happysingh

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hi, i was taking data from a data vendor, he gave me data with the symbols being numbers personally written by him......... now i have discontinued his data services and joined other data vendor..... but the problem now is the new data vendor symbols are the one generally used by exchange,,,, but my old data vendor symbols were numbers....... can i change the old symbols to those generallly accepted while retaining my entire data in its form....... i was thinking that if a single file containg all the symbols can be exported in csv format then i can fastly chnage all the symbols and imort back the file in metastock tom update the symbols........ there are two things. one is symbol and other is name........ by the name i can identify which security is which one........ pls guide.... as i dont know anything abt this............ looking forward for a positive solution for the same.............. waitiing here...... thanks in advance......... Navneet Singhal coolguynavneet@gmail.com
wblam  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:26:35 AM(UTC)
wblam

It is easier and faster to pay about US$50-100 to your new vendor to buy the historical data.

I have same problem before. I change it manually one by one. It took me one month.

happysingh  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:43:11 AM(UTC)
happysingh

Hi, Today again I came to same situation of changing vendor. and guess what this time i have solution, so thought to share with you all. If have data from previous vendor and u r new vendor does not give you historical data for free then invest your some time in doing this. Expenditure of 1 hr is better than expenditure of 50-100 $. so here is how you go. First open downloader. Under toold, choose merge. now under source folder choose your old vendors data folder. and under destination folder choose your new vendors data folder. also click options and make a choice of either keep both files or keep destination files. now select 1 stock from source folder and 1 stock from destination folder and click merge button. That's it. The destination folder has all past data as well as new data. so your new vendor data is also having past data.. this you have to do for every single stock... this is hectic and can take an hour or so. but better than paying 50-100$ to new vendor.. Just assume u earned 50-100 $ for working an hour.. That should make you happy. In case you have any queries then do let us know. :)