logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swordman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2006 2:06:39 AM(UTC)
swordman

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I submitted a request for service to Equis about three weeks ago but unfortunately there is no response up to this moment . I wish it is not a problem as the title which can be really solved .

I meet a situation recently . I wrote a system test . I set all the bars of delay for entry and exit to zero . I wrote this test for options . Please note that it is not un-realistic as there are still 15 minutes market running for the option market in my place so I can open a position exactly by the closing price of that day . There are still plenty of time to do anything (15 minutes ) . When I set the bars of delay to zero and when I set the entry price as the closing price and when I set the points to cut lost , say 150 points . Problem came .... Even when I supposed to entry to buy on a closing price which is higher than the open price ( white candle ) and it keep rising after the signal day . When the volatility of the signal day which is bigger than the 150 points I set . It will trigger the stop lost moving . The system tester return a wrong result for that trade . The open position size was the closing price but the cut lost price is aroung the day low price . It should never happen if the market keep rising !! .

Did anyone meet this kind of situation same as mine ? I wish it could really be solved . I am very disappointed about the performance of MS now ...Can anyone help please ?

mstt  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2006 4:02:26 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Swordman

I think a solution might be to not use the EST stop but instead use a coded stop in the Sell Order window. Coding a hard dollar stop for the EST Sell Order window is a project that I’ve had on the back-burner for some time. I’m not in a position to drop what I’m doing and work out a coded solution right now, but if you care to contact me directly I’ll see what I can do when I do have time.

As far as I’ve been able to tell the EST stops are unchanged from MS version 7.X. It’s unlikely that Equis are going to “fix” such problems as you describe, so the best course of action is to work out a detour around the problem rather than expecting the road to be leveled in front of you.

Roy

rlarsen@man.quik.co.nz

MetaStock Tips & Tools

swordman  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 1:33:26 AM(UTC)
swordman

thanks , Roy .

I am really very disappointed that I received NO response from equis up to this moment .

It has been about a month since I ask for help .

Unluckily , the programming language of MS does not has the function like " entry bar " , I can hardly tell the program to stop base on the entry price of the entry day or number of bars to stop it after entry . Some discussions here suggested me to use the function "value when " but there are still a lot that it cannot be done by this command . If I want to get out of the position no matter what happen after N days which N is variable based on some criteria or even fix . If there is a command in MS call "entry bar' . It is easy to write by just set the exit criteria valuewhen (entrybar) >= N , something like that to exit to position .

I am using EOD version of MS . I was planning to upgrade but after this ... I should really think about it as MS seems has a lot of restriction that cannot realize easily what we want to do .I really wish equis to listen to us but not just issue upgrade every year with minor improvement .

Let me contact you and see what can I ask you for help when I get home and write to you in the weekend . Thanks .

Justin  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 1:18:51 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

swordman wrote:

that it cannot be done by this command . If I want to get out of the position no matter what happen after N days which N is variable based on some criteria or even fix .

You can actually use the "Inactivity Minimum Change" Stop in the Stops tab for this. Set the minimum change to some high value, like 1000, and then set the number of periods. If the stock does not move by this amount (Which if it did would you really want out? :)) it will automatically exit the trade after the number of periods specified.

swordman  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:12:35 PM(UTC)
swordman

Dear Pyradius :

To exit the position by an inactivity stop , I knew this for a long long time ago .

What I would like to do is about options trading . I wish to set the exit at the last day of month base on the entry day . If there is a command about what I said . It could be easy to exit the position SELECTIVELY by this month or next month . eg . if the entry day is about the end of the month , let say , after 15th of the month . The exit could be set at the end of next month .

There are still a lot of functions that equis can improve for us . New version are issued almost every year but is there any substantial improvement based on the users request ? I think the fact is a little bit dissappointed ....