logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gerard  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:34:35 PM(UTC)
gerard

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Using the Expert Advisor I insert Symbols into my charts on the days when I think up or down waves start or finsih. I do this through the Expert Editor/ Symbol tab. Each time I spot a wave starting or finshing in one of the leading market indices (eg S&P Composite 1500), I add another Symbol with the relevant date as the condition and an up or down arrow as the Graphic.

I then attach this Expert Advisor to the stocks I follow and by comparing the index chart and the stock chart I can easily track how well the stock is following or leading the index.

I should like to automate this analysis a bit by inserting a Ribbon in the Expert Advisor which takes the % change in price for the Index, between two consecutive dates entered as "Symbols", and comparing it with the % price change for the stock between the same two days. A plus % would produce a bullish trend and -ve % a bearish trend.

In other words, in the Trend tab under Bullish and Bearsish boxes, can I reference the formula to the dates as shown in the Symbols tab?

If this is not possible does anyone know of any other route I could take to compare price movements between two arbitrarily chosen dates.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers

Gerard

Jose  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:11:20 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Gerard, try adapting the "RoC since event/date" indicator from MetaStockTools.com jose '-)