logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
the13th  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:18:32 PM(UTC)
the13th

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who knows if the new Metastock 10 Pro has got TD Swquential as part of the default system? I am thinking of using TD Sequential on a streaming chart down to the 1 minute bar. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me. If not, does anyone know if I can use this http://www.guppytraders.com/Metastock%20Formulas/metastock%20formula%2023.htm on a streaming chart? I have been using it on a EOD data and it worked fine, so would it work on a streaming chart? Thanks.

Regards,

hayseed  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 3:10:35 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey 13.... demarks deal doesn't appear to be in v10.... most any system that can be applied to eod could be applied to lower time frames.... likely you could expect different results.....h
the13th  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
the13th

Hey Hayseed,

Why would there be a difference in result? I mean since it's based on programming, won't it be the same? So if it works, would the number appear after end of every bar in different time frames? Thanks again!

Regards,

The13th

hayseed  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 4:23:11 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey 13... oh it would work but my thoughts were of the out of the gate gaps that happen so often.... that might wreek havoc on the counts.... even common moving averages have trouble dealing with gaps..... kinda seems 1 minute bars might take a beating but we would not know for sure until tryin...

arna, wabbit and i were workin on coding the td deal but don't think we finished it.... it actually looked pretty good.... later i carried the coding on out past the 9 count and also put in the other buy/sell alerts .... also put in some of the other terms seen on the net.....

on a 5 time frame layout , 5, 15, 30, 60, daily, the higher 3 time frames had the best signals....

i'll put it on some 1 minute charts for a look see and post later......h

the13th  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2006 1:47:49 PM(UTC)
the13th

Hi Hayseed,

Well, I am actually playing gaps. I don't know if you're familiar with TD%F but my first basis for entry is to find options that has the underlying gapped up or down so what I am looking for is not for TD Sequential as an entry after 13 but to go in once I see a 1 and then ride it to 13. Meaning if I see a gap down, I will wait for a 1 on the sell setup and go in and then ride it til I see a 13. So in this case, would TD sequential still work? thanks in advance.

Regards,

The13th

hayseed  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2006 9:16:07 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey 13.... td%f,, hmmm.... high risk high gain .... my kinda game..... can now see your interest in the sequential count....

used in that manner it should work as well with gaps as eod, perhaps even better.... h