logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben_Zurich  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2006 9:28:00 AM(UTC)
Ben_Zurich

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

www.metastockcsv.com It is a tool to import up to 100 csv columns of ANY data into Metastock. The sample they provide with it works great, but I do have trouble making it work with my files. Is anybody here with some experience ? Here's my problem: ________________ I do something wrong, but can't figure out what. I have created a new directory. \\0csv I have copied my title file StatisticsTitles.csv (containing only my custom column names) and the file that I want to import CHF_C.csv into that directory. And of course, I have changed the settings in CSV setup. Then I open the Metastock File CHF_C from another data directory, and I want to pull the indicator on it. An error Message shows up: An MSX.DLL is reporting an internal error. Referenced DLL: "CSV.BySym" DLL Message. Data file not found for symbol Does this mean that I need to have a CSV version of my Metastock data file CHF_C in the 0csv directory as well? And, with what name, or within a subdirectory? So would that mean that I have to export all my Metastock price files into CSV format first? This would be extremely inconvenient, since I have about 100 files to process! What I want to accomplish is that I just want to open the metastock CHF_C file, and put the statistics from the CHF_C.csv file onto the same chart.
Ben_Zurich  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2006 6:24:17 PM(UTC)
Ben_Zurich

the problem has been resolved.

it was the date format.

MetastockCSV can only import data tabels with trading days (I used calendar days).

After removing the weekends everything moved smoothly.

masterdata  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 5:14:00 PM(UTC)
masterdata

Hi Ben,

I have been working on the plug-in and related topics and away from this forum for quite a while. Sorry this reply is so long in coming.

There is a new release of the MetaStockCSV Plug-in. Please download and install. If and when you have problems implementing your own .csv format files let me know and we'll get it running. The new version is much more adaptable and powerful. Please let me know.

Thank you