logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John Devine  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:14:30 AM(UTC)
John Devine

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, Is there a way of importing a formula from a text file into the MS tester? I use APS Automatic Pattern Search from tradingpatterns.com to search for price patterns. APS generates formula code for each pattern. This is an example:
{LONG , % , TARGET : 7 , STOP : 7 , ENTRY PRICE : OPEN , DELAY : 1 } (Ref(h,0) > Ref(h,-1)) AND (Ref(h,-1) > Ref(h,-2)) AND (Ref(h,-2) > Ref(l,0)) AND (Ref(l,0) > Ref(l,-1)) AND (Ref(l,-1) > Ref(h,-3)) AND (Ref(h,-3) > Ref(l,-2)) AND (Ref(l,-2) > Ref(l,-3))
I'm looking for a way to import the formula part automatically into the tester and set the parameters. This must be done in a mechanical fashion and by specifying the name of a text file only. If this cannot be done automatically, is it possible that the SDK has functions for programming an interface for that purpose? Thanks -- John
matifx  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:26:47 AM(UTC)
matifx

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello John,

I suppose you have Automatic Pattern Search by tradingpatterns.com. I was highly imporessed by the demo version and thinking about purchasing the working program. Do you have any comments based on your experience working with it? Thanks

Mati

John Devine  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:19:54 AM(UTC)
John Devine

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Mati,

I work for a proprietary trader/investor doing hardware/software development. I have developed several applications for him using the results APS generates. The formula generation is a nice feature of the program and we are now looking into possible ways of using the output of the program in an automatic way. I cannot comment on the reliability of the trading signals the program generates but overall it does what the company claims in its website. I think the price is cheap for what it does.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact that simple price patterns should be used as building blocks of a more sophisticated trading strategy and that is what we are doing with success. My boss has a degree in Math and he has developed several statistical models to analyze patterns and to combine them so that the probability of success of the composite strategy is increased to about 90%-95%.

I am trying to figure out an automatic way of importing the formula output of APS in Metastock but I have not gotten a response since I posted my question, maybe that is not possible and we will have to develop code from scratch.

John