logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keltner  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:45:49 AM(UTC)
Keltner

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

How can I create my own statistic indicator? Example new highs new lows On all stocks. I realize this is already done by the data feed company but I would like to do some thing similar with out using the Security data function. Is this possible? Maybe in an Exploration? If it is not possible “99.99%” sure it is not possible; Does anyone know of or is aware of a way to automatically get all of the metastock EOD charts into Microsoft access in a organized fashion with out exporting them one by one. I have several Theories I would like to develop in more depth. An example would be this X:=If(Security("ONLINE:US;MSFT", ExtFml( "PowerPivots.TrendDirection", 1, 1)=1),1,-1); X1:=If(Security("ONLINE:US;CSCO", ExtFml( "PowerPivots.TrendDirection", 1, 1)=1),1,-1); X2:=If(Security("ONLINE:US;INTC", ExtFml( "PowerPivots.TrendDirection", 1, 1)=1),1,-1); X3:=If(Security("ONLINE:US;AMGN", ExtFml( "PowerPivots.TrendDirection", 1, 1)=1),1,-1); This sequences’ would go on to x9 and cover the NASDAQ top ten or 38% of the index. The Problem with this method is the security data function AUGH enough said is their away around this? Maybe I should Place this under this wish list. :eek:
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:19:39 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Keltner wrote:
How can I create my own statistic indicator? Example new highs new lows On all stocks.
Do you new highest highs, ever? Or just new highs in some time period? This might help: {52 week HIGH & LOW} lastDay:=LastValue(DayOfMonth()); lastMonth:=LastValue(Month()); lastYear:=LastValue(Year())-1; x:=Year()>lastYear OR (Year()=lastYear AND (Month()>lastMonth OR Month()=lastMonth AND DayOfMonth()>=lastDay)); y:=x AND Alert(x=0,2); i:=Cum(1)=1; hi:=LastValue((HighestSince(1,y OR i,H)))*(BarsSince(x>0)>=-1); lo:=LastValue((LowestSince(1,y OR i,L)))*(BarsSince(x>0)>=-1); {plot} hi;lo; This is easily modified to find those stocks making new 52week highs and lows.
Keltner wrote:
If it is not possible “99.99%” sure it is not possible; Does anyone know of or is aware of a way to automatically get all of the metastock EOD charts into Microsoft access in a organized fashion with out exporting them one by one.
Why would you want to do a thing like that? You can develop the code you need in the MS formula language or the MDK. There are some code cutters who you can hire to do the work, you just have to give a full account of exactly what you are looking for.
Keltner wrote:
I have several Theories I would like to develop in more depth.
What are they? We will let you know if its possible in the MSFL or whether it will require external coding, or whether it is simply not possible at all. wabbit :D
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:30:28 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey keltner...... check out roys idea on counting ..... it just shaved more than a hour from my nitely routine of stat collection.... pay close attention to roys second post..... your conditions would be included in the line, State:=C > Mov(C,14,S) AND ("any required filter parameters"); ..... your line for highest might read something like, State:=C > Mov(C,5,S) AND C>HHVBars(C,250); , where 250 is the time period.... your idea of statistics is a good one...... explorations ran on the seperate industrys folders will yield ideas such as stockcharts.com's bullish percents..... i tally many stats nitely, such as closes above certain moving averages to time the broad market turns..... it works...... wabbit and roy are light years ahead of me in the coding department, it's likely they could code any idea you have, providing they had the spare time of course..... getting back to it just shaved more than a hour from my nitely routine , if i tallyed the future time saved by roy's post and put a dollar value on it,,,, well,,,,,, you know what i mean....... h