logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Perigon  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 8:34:52 AM(UTC)
Perigon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hey gys! Im trying to make a formula that's counting the days my condition have been true. The problem here, is that metatocks built-in function for counting bars only calculates the number of bars with criteria true WITHIN a fixed number of reference bars ie. it return 13 true bars of a period of 50 bars, without any relations to WHEN the criteria was true. What I want to do, is that I want to measure how many days IN A ROW that my criteria has been true. Ie. If yesterday was true, then it checks the day before yesterday and so on.. but if yesterday wasn't true, it only return a zero... you get my point? I think the only way to solve this is with a loop, but I don't know how to state the criteria in the loop.. anyone that can help me / give me some tips? Thanks in advance! /Perigon
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 9:12:36 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Have you tried using Roy Larsens's free signal counter? --8<------------------------------ {Signal Counter} {© 2003 Roy Larsen} {rlarsen@man.quik.co.nz} a:=C<Ref(C,-4); {signal to count} b:=C>=Ref(C,-4); {signal to reset} i:=Cum(a+b>-1)=1; f:=BarsSince(i OR a)<BarsSince(i OR b); g:=Cum(a OR Cross(a,0.5))-ValueWhen(1,i OR (f AND Alert(f=0,2)) OR (f=0 AND Alert(f,2)),Cum(a OR Cross(a,0.5))); If(f,g+1,g); --8<------------------------------ Hope this helps. wabbit :D
mstt  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 9:13:34 AM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Perigon There are several ways to do this. Here's one you can try first. BarsSince("my condition"=FALSE); Roy MetaStock Tips & Tools
Perigon  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2006 9:16:33 AM(UTC)
Perigon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I've tried them both, and they do work :-) Tough the last one is a little bit easier :-) Thanks mates! Good trading..