logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wizworst  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:06:34 PM(UTC)
wizworst

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, first time post. My name is Giancarlo, italian, 63 old, retired .. some years ago i bought my Metastock7 Pro.. now i enjoy learning to build my systems ..(now that i have time..). I read english language, i am not to able to write. I hope you'll understand my question. (my first question. I tink i'll write you very often). My knowledge of easy language is rudimental - i am learning!!! - so i beg for your assistance. Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)>0 This one is a simple, little system in futures. So we can write: enter long: Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)>0 close long: Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)<0 enter short … etc etc this other one is a second little system based on volatility: LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(opt1),opt2,VAR),opt3)>0 To unify this two lines with AND or IF i think it will be simple for you. I am not able. for example: enter long: WHEN or IF ….Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)>0 ……..AND or IF …….. LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(14),opt5,VAR),opt6)>0 (the volatility is positively 'high' and >0, so i think it’s favorable to trade...) close long: WHEN or IF …..Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)<0 ……AND or IF …… LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(14),opt5,VAR),opt6)<>0 (here the volatility, on closing the trade, is indifferent if high or low, and i wish to tell it to the system) open short: WHEN or IF ……Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)<0 ……. AND or IF LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(14),opt5,VAR),opt6)>0 (also if the trade goes short the volatility must be positive …) close short: WHEN or IF …….Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)>0 …….AND or IF LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(14),opt5,VAR),opt6)<>0 (again to close the trade does not matter if the volatility is < or > 0..) I don’t know where are my mistakes. I try to merge the two systems into one, but it doesn’t work. If you can explain what’s the better function, in that case: ‘and’ .. or ‘if’ ..(or ‘when’..), or others, and you will be so kind to write the system in its entirety, i’ll learn to build new and better ones. Thank you. Best regards, Giancarlo.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:24:58 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Giancarlo- Welcome to the forum! In the system tester, you can combine your criteria using the AND statement. Try something like this: Mov(LinRegSlope(OscP(opt1,opt2,T,$),opt3),opt4,VAR)>0 AND LinRegSlope(Mov(ATR(opt1),opt2,VAR),opt3)>0 You can find some pretty good examples in the formula primer too: http://forum.equis.com/d..._file_view&cat=10&file=1