logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chris3105  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2006 10:32:54 AM(UTC)
chris3105

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Norman. You can use the TMW.DLL for this: Samples: 1) create:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayCreate",1, "w", 0); Localize:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayLocalize", create, "w"); {9 Week Moving Average on a EOD Chart, delayed} Mov(Localize,9,E) 2) create:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayCreate",1, "w",1); Localize:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayLocalize", create, "w"); {9 Week Moving Average on a EOD Chart, dynmaic} Mov(Localize,9,E) 3) create:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayCreate",1, "w",1); Localize:=ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayLocalize", create, "w"); {9 Month Moving Average on a EOD Chart, dynmaic} Mov(Localize,9,E) 4) Create:=ExtFml( "TMW.FlexCreate", C, 3,5,0); Localize:= ExtFml( "TMW.FlexLocalize", create, 5); {Flexible 9 Bar Moving Average for 5 Bars on EOD,delayed} Mov(Localize,9,E) .... and other functions Download: http://forum.equis.com/d..._file_view&cat=8&file=47 Enjoy Chris
Derek Worswick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:17:04 AM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

I have tried to find and download http://forum.equis.com/drm_main.php?mode=drm_file_view&cat=8&file=47

“The resource cannot be found”

Can anyone help with a new site for the “TMW.DLL”?

hayseed  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:53:58 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey derek.... we can obligee..... tmw.dll ..... thats about 800k because of 2 word docs that you'll need...

couple other neat links.... be sure to move to the following pages by using the next link at the bottom of that page......h

gabibbo  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:17:21 AM(UTC)
gabibbo

Hi Chris, Hi Forum,

last weekend (after a 2 week tour de force re-installing and updating everything in my PC) I finally installed and began to try your very cool TMW.dll -

unfortunately big problems have appeared since the begin... actually the first attempt was OK (a simple (FlexCreate/FlexLocalize) creation and plotting of a 9 period SMA with a X5 multiplier factor on a 12 min chart) but when I tried to change on the fly the periodicity (from 12' to 5') I got the first error warning reporting the same words as in the right-side window of the picture I've posted.

Later I tried to do some other tests using the ArrayCreate/ArrayLocalize function also but again error warnings popped-up... the oddest thing was that sometimes the same indicator that early was (apparently) regularly plotted soon after failed in.

I've tried to re-install the "dll", both the new one(1.10) and the old one(1.07) but without any appreciable results :(

Now I'm going to post two of the error warnings that MS reported hoping that Chris or someone else can give me some useful advice how to resolve this problem.

My PC runs with Win2000 sp4 Pro (updated with the last roll-up #2), all Windows secondary files(MACData, Jet40, Script etc) are updated to the last release too, .NET Framework is 2.0 ... so I would exclude any OS problems.

I've just realized that it's not possible to attach images to the post... am I right or am I missing any function button in the post wizard window?

Anyway I'll try to post a link to this image file

click below then look for the foto folder, there is this image only... sorry for this complication but I really don't know how to do this operation cooler at least at the moment

http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/shineon62/

Thanks and keep up the good work

Marco "gabibbo"

wabbit  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:49:04 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
gabibbo wrote:

click below then look for the foto folder, there is this image only... sorry for this complication but I really don't know how to do this operation cooler at least at the moment

Marco,

I cannot see the site you refer to because; it uses javascript to render the page (I have all javascripts turned off; javascripts allow the unscrupulous web designer to hijack your computer) and the site wants to redirect my browser and call images, scripts etc from other sites which are banned by my firewall and hosts definitions file because of their dubious nature.

Instead of the link that takes you to another site, you could include a link directly to the image itself for dispalying inline, or at least let the members decide if they want to view the image by including a link directly to the picture, something along the lines of :

http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/shineon62/mypictures/image1.jpg

A direct link means we will not have to deal with server provider and their untrustworthy scripts.

For more on how to include images in your posts, see:
http://forum.equis.com/forums/post/19928.aspx
gabibbo  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 5:11:13 AM(UTC)
gabibbo

Hi wabbit,

try this one, it should be OK

http://www.finanzaonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=626559&stc=1

Marco

ps: it would be cooler if (only) the subscribers were allowed to upload (size-limited) image files directly from their PCs.

wabbit  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:14:36 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
gabibbo wrote:
ps: it would be cooler if (only) the subscribers were allowed to upload (size-limited) image files directly from their PCs.

Concur.

--

I haven't encountered these errors before, so I am unable to help you out. Hopefully Chris will see these and give you a prompt answer? Sorry, I could not be of more help.

wabbit [:D]

gabibbo  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:25:22 PM(UTC)
gabibbo

Thanks anyway, wabbit

yes, I'm thinking the same thing... Chris, knowing well the inside code of the dll, is maybe the only people who could give some useful advice about this problem.

In the meanwhile I want to add one more information: in the current installation of my MetaStock I run other dlls both commercial and free and until now none of these has ever showed any problem.

Marco

chris3105  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2006 4:13:16 AM(UTC)
chris3105

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello.

Currently I'll spent my holidays without MS, as soon I'm back at home, I'll try to find a solution.

Okay?

gabibbo  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2006 9:23:32 AM(UTC)
gabibbo

OK Chris,

don't worry, I(we) can wait

enjoy your holiday...

Marco

Spaceant  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2006 9:35:32 AM(UTC)
Spaceant

Hi Chris,

1) I have tired the TMW ver 1.1, however, it doesn't seem to work for the TMW.Equite function. There is a message saying that "End of function ')' expected" right after the "Contracts" of
ExtFml("TMW.Equity",TradeFlag,"OOOO",Delay,Commi,InitialEquity,PercShares,Contracts,MultiPly,"Y")
2) When I tried the following ....

X:=Input("# of Period upper",2,1000,2);

Create:=ExtFml("TMW.FlexCreate", C, 3,X,0);

Localize:=ExtFml("TMW.FlexLocalize",Create,X);

Localize

The indicator works with X=2 or X=3. Starting from x=4, there is a problem. The indicator seems “switching” or “flashing” from the right figures to other meaningless numbers.

Regards,

sa

gabibbo  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:33:57 AM(UTC)
gabibbo

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

quoted

gabibbo wrote:

Hi Chris, Hi Forum,

last weekend (after a 2 week tour de force re-installing and updating everything in my PC) I finally installed and began to try your very cool TMW.dll -

unfortunately big problems have appeared since the begin... actually the first attempt was OK (a simple (FlexCreate/FlexLocalize) creation and plotting of a 9 period SMA with a X5 multiplier factor on a 12 min chart) but when I tried to change on the fly the periodicity (from 12' to 5') I got the first error warning reporting the same words as in the right-side window of the picture I've posted.

Later I tried to do some other tests using the ArrayCreate/ArrayLocalize function also but again error warnings popped-up... the oddest thing was that sometimes the same indicator that early was (apparently) regularly plotted soon after failed in.

I've tried to re-install the "dll", both the new one(1.10) and the old one(1.07) but without any appreciable results :(

Now I'm going to post two of the error warnings that MS reported hoping that Chris or someone else can give me some useful advice how to resolve this problem.

My PC runs with Win2000 sp4 Pro (updated with the last roll-up #2), all Windows secondary files(MACData, Jet40, Script etc) are updated to the last release too, .NET Framework is 2.0 ... so I would exclude any OS problems.

I've just realized that it's not possible to attach images to the post... am I right or am I missing any function button in the post wizard window?

Thanks and keep up the good work

Marco "gabibbo"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello,

is there anybody who can spend a few time checking the full integrity of the TMW.dll currently uploaded... I suspect that it could be damaged; in fact I continue receiving error warnings even using a brand-new machine.

Please let me know, it would be of great help to me, really.

THX

Marco "gabibbo"

ps: the following are the formula I'm currently testing... they're very simple formula , but as I say they're just tests.

formula (samples) per utilizzo TMW.dll

Name: >>Test_1 TMW.dll close X5 dyn

{ calculate and plot the close kept from a time frame 5 times higher(x5) than that one of the current chart... ie. on a 12min chart the 60min close will be plotted(too); "dyn" is for dynamic}

Create:= ExtFml( "TMW.FlexCreate", C, 3, 5, 0);
Localize:= ExtFml( "TMW.FlexLocalize", Create, 5);
Localize

======================================

Name: >>Test_2 TMW.dll close "D" dyn

{ calculate and plot the close kept from the daily(D) on an intraday(no tick) chart; "dyn" is for dynamic}

Create:= ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayCreate", 3, "D", 0);
Localize:= ExtFml( "TMW.ArrayLocalize", Create, "D");
Localize

Name: >>Test_3 TMW.dll ASI.SMA(9per) X6 dyn

{ calculate and plot (on the current chart) a mov.avg (in this example a sma20) kept from a time frame 6 times higher(x5)... ie. on a 10min chart a 60min mov.avg will be plotted (too) ; "dyn" is for dynamic }

Create:= ExtFml( "TMW.FlexCreate", C, 3, 6, 0);
ASI:= ExtFml( "ASI.SMA", Create, 9);
Localize:= ExtFml( "TMW.FlexLocalize", ASI, 6);
Localize

Spaceant  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:22:25 PM(UTC)
Spaceant

Spaceant wrote:

Hi Chris,

1) I have tired the TMW ver 1.1, however, it doesn't seem to work for the TMW.Equite function. There is a message saying that "End of function ')' expected" right after the "Contracts" of
ExtFml("TMW.Equity",TradeFlag,"OOOO",Delay,Commi,InitialEquity,PercShares,Contracts,MultiPly,"Y")
2) When I tried the following ....

X:=Input("# of Period upper",2,1000,2);

Create:=ExtFml("TMW.FlexCreate", C, 3,X,0);

Localize:=ExtFml("TMW.FlexLocalize",Create,X);

Localize

The indicator works with X=2 or X=3. Starting from x=4, there is a problem. The indicator seems “switching” or “flashing” from the right figures to other meaningless numbers.

Regards,

sa

Hi gabibbo,

I share your feeling that it seems like no one is interested in exploring it and Chris has not been back to post since July 2006.......

Sa

gabibbo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:48:20 AM(UTC)
gabibbo

Hi Sa,

you're right it seems that the multitime frame application of this kind of function isn't of interest to anyone... actually I've noted that in the last 2/3 months or so thereìs very little activity in the forum and this is in general.

Marco

ps: I've just seen that a forum fellow has posted an interesting thing that could be a valid alternative to TMW dll... opss, you're already there!