logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qed  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2006 2:39:25 PM(UTC)
qed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Experienced trader, new to MetaStock, would like onsite evening or week-end instruction. Willing to pay consulting fee. Please reply to qed_2005@yahoo.com
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2006 7:04:19 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
qed- This is the best place, I think, for your request. If you hear nothing, let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you. Please read the forum rules regarding multiple threads of the same topic. I managed these threads for you, but as you can imagine that is an impossible expectation with more than 3,000 forum members. Thanks.
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2006 2:37:08 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Why do you need onsite help? Why do you need paid mentoring? All the help you need is in the MS Users Manual, the Equis Formula Primer, the instructional videos in the downloads section and here in the forum. Over the years we have seen complete newbies come up through the ranks to be very proficient users of MS by only using the free tools available to them, and doing a little homework and reading themselves. The world is a very big place (allegedly) but it is getting smaller and smaller by the day as new forms of communications mean that two people don't have to be in the same room to have a conversation. With VoIP technology and video etc you could have your tutor/mentor in another country! May I suggest that you look further, think outside the box a little and I am fairly sure you will find an acceptable solution. I put a friend onto SkyPE VoIP just yesterday. He is now exclaiming its benefits and wonders why he hadn't made the change years ago. In a dayI cut his phone bill to almost zero. I use it a lot to chat with friends and 'clients' all over the world, for free. Hope this helps. wabbit :D
qed  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2006 1:12:34 PM(UTC)
qed

Clearly you've told me you would have nothing of value to offer as a consultant. Your diatribe below aside ("the world is a big place(allegedly)" -- is that really worth saying?): I use 13 monitors, inculuding a 40" plasma with my main trading computer; several other computers, with additional multi-screens; 2 real-time news services, including 1 by voice which is generally faster than online print versions. This year, even with reduced trading, I've paid about $2,000+ per day in commissions, at extremely low rates. Paying a consultant some money to cut my learning curve makes financial sense, assuming MetaStock is of value. I'm assuming you meant well with your response, but help would be recommending a consultant in the NJ area. --- qed
sportrider  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2006 3:11:58 PM(UTC)
sportrider

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

qed, Hi,like the other posts on this site you could get anything you want and then some on this site. We have excellent resources free and paid(Roys newsletter,joses' for hire services)and the help from many other experienced metastock programmers. Try the site ,the manual,the other stuff on the site.The best way to learn it would be when you have your own problems that you must find your own solution for.Then if and when you get stuck then post your problem here and we'll try to help .If after doing this you still need someone over at your site -depending where in jersey your at and what you need- maybe we could work something out .I'm not offering myself for hire because my knowledge on metastock is very limited but maybe we could work something out if you feel you still need someone and I feel that I'm of any help. There is a user group that meets on thurs once a month in midtown manhattan.I can't tell you much on how the meetings are ,I have still yet to attend one because everytime I get set to go wife or little one have something else for me to do but maybe one day I make it a point to be there. I have an email address that could put you in contact with them.Ralph
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2006 5:14:10 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

qed- If you need a quick response, give the folks at Equis a call directly and tell them what you need. Marketing used to keep up with the User Groups- you might start there: https://www.metastock.co...mpany/about/contact.aspx This forum is peer to peer support only and everyone is going to see things differently. On any public BBS, you get what you get. It's up to you to determine the validity of the responses. However, it's up to me to make sure that the responses are all within bounds. This one is on the periphery now. If you need paid support, this is not the correct avenue. As such, I'm locking this thread and hope that you will follow through with the contact information listed above. Please read the forum rules thoroughly before continuing to post. Thanks.
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2006 6:27:55 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Check out the following information: https://www.metastock.co...Group.aspx?c=&p=&Id=1013