logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcl  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2006 4:20:33 PM(UTC)
lcl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have a rules-based trading system which works reasonably well; I want to develop it into a plugin but I lack of this kind of knowledge. Does anyone here is good in this field and want to accept this project (I have limited fund to support this job, so please don't expect to earn big)? 2 extra questions are.... 1) How does a plugin developer to protect his product? 2) Is it possible to disable the plugin after a specific of time? Interested party can reach me at tradingklse@yahoo.com
Jose  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2006 4:34:32 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
lcl wrote:
1) How does a plugin developer to protect his product? 2) Is it possible to disable the plugin after a specific of time?
1) By not protecting the code in any way, and targeting the quality product to trusted clients that can appreciate its true worth, it will naturally protect itself from being redistributed. 2) It is possible to disable any code after a specific of time, but not desirable. In order to do this, the client cannot have access to the code and thus cannot understand or trust it, nor adapt it for his own use. jose '-
Branden Russell  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2006 5:25:26 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

By having the formula in a DLL, the formula is already protected from people seeing it and making changes to it. Most plugins and such protect themselves only by password protecting the formula in MetaStock. 1) Depends on how you want to proctect it. There are ways to make the DLL a subscription (example: FXTA plugin) and do other such protection. Also, you can password protect the formula in MetaStock and by having the formula in the DLL, the formula is protected. 2) Yes, it is possible to have a time based expiration.
lcl  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2006 12:09:51 AM(UTC)
lcl

Branden Russell wrote:
1) There are ways to make the DLL a subscription (example: FXTA plugin) and do other such protection. 2) Yes, it is possible to have a time based expiration.
I think this is what I need..... 2 extra questions: 1) how much fund and development time is needed to develop such a feature? 2) can you refer a good MetaStock developer? Thanks in advance!
Jose  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:46:23 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please [color=red:a95873cf02]be very careful[/color] if dealing with CL Lim. Please refer to this thread. Caveat Emptor. jose '-)
johnl  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:30:29 PM(UTC)
johnl

If I were you lcl I would enter into a discussion with Jose off the board to see if he might be interested in the job. He would be the guy I would go to if I were going to pay for any MS type programming. Why, just a gut feeling.