logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottse  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:28:13 AM(UTC)
scottse

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I'm stuck. I love using metastock pro end of day but want to move to real time. Since I have to work during the day time, I want to automated my trade. I know this is risky, but my trading or more to the point (investing) systems that I will use will be for low quantity trades. My signals will be in weeks and months timeframe and not tick by tick so if my system disconnects (loss of internet connection, etc) it won't be fatal. Tradestation does this all in one package for $100 per month. In order to do this in metastock real-time, I have to subscribe to esignal for my real-time data feed, then subscribe to tradebullet or equivalent, and on top of that, open up an account with interactive brokers or equivalent. The cost is not really the issue but the integration of all these tools is a concern as well as the reliability of each tool and the integration into the broker. Is there any better way to directly deal with an account broker and metastock real-time directly and skip all these other tools? Esignal basic is $62 per month. Tradebullet is $35 per month. The cost of metastock pro real-time is $1695. In sum, the cost of tradestation's solution is cheaper than metastock. Why can't equis allow direct access into a broker so that one can fully automated their trading systems? I don't understand why equis has not implemented a solution like this already. Scott
etrader  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:48:41 AM(UTC)
etrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

totally agree. it's amazing that metastock is lagging behind the curve. Instead of focusing on the newest and hard demanding technology they just keep adding unuseful-not working 'trading methods' into the new versions. Nice, but there are other priorities i think
Justin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:38:51 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I will admit to not really being extensively familiar with Tradestation, but where is this $100 price tag coming from?

https://www.tradestation.com/fees/subscription_op.shtm

Spaceant  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:09:17 AM(UTC)
Spaceant

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I have been exploring autotrading setup with Metastock Pro. The only relatively low cost setup would use Hypertrader's HyperOrder http://www.hypertrader.it/hyperorder.shtml

But it is no longer free now, EUR 250.

Contact them if this suits you.

Sa

Mark Rothen  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:17:38 AM(UTC)
Mark Rothen

Hey guys, I've been reviewing Forex Automated Trading software for quite some time too, nevertheless, I didn't found many forex robots that were adecuate for me. Eventually, I started to run out of money to throw to the different forex robots and see which one was for real (in order to give it serious money to manage). Nevertheless, a year ago or so I found this site http://www.forex-robots.com; they were doing forex robots test on Real Money accounts and sharing their results for free. Since then, I don't have to try every EA with my money to see which one is worth something, I just follow their results and settings without paying for anything. I would definetely recommend you to check it guys, I've been doing quite well on Forex since. Rgds Mark
Mark Rothen  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:21:22 AM(UTC)
Mark Rothen

Quick update guys, check the Real Money Accounts Competition at http://www.forex-robots.com , the Megadroid it's really reaping the market. It seems to me that they found a solid robot finally.