logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
damo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2006 6:49:18 AM(UTC)
damo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am after a formula for converting my standed candle chart to that of the Heikin Ashi variety. I've completed a search on this forum and I can't find any answers. As far as formula writing goes I'm still on my "L" plates and it's a little over my head. I was wondering if someone new of or could easily write up this formula? Thanks in advance damo
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 8, 2006 11:47:33 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey damo.... to do that most likely would involve the use of ms excel..... the high and low are the same but open and close heikin uses are different than standard open close data values supplied to us..... and of course those standard data values is all meta has to work with unless we supply more.... you could create an expert but experts can't create candlesticks.... you could however use excel to calculate the heikin values and then use that modified data to create a true hiekin chart..... are you handy with excel..... might be a good thought to put on the wish list..... that being 5 vacant but user definable columns in the metastock data sheet, where we are allowed to select which columns to plot..... the more i think of it the more applications come to mind......h
damo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:46:30 AM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
thanks hayseed, seems even more complex than i originally thought. damo