logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WmWaster  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:17:38 PM(UTC)
WmWaster

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Real-time Replay of Metastock tick data Hi. I have tick data in Metastock format. Do you know which software can replay the Metastock tick data again in candlestick form in real time? What I want is to re-watch the real time candlestick movement in the market (eg seeing the candlestick going up/down, make quick decisions), so I can paper trade in real-time situations and practice my psychology, quick decision-making etc. Thanks! =D>
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:38:16 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey wm..... seem to remember similar question over at elite trader board.... tick data being what it is, might be hard to translate into ohlc form needed for candlestick.... on another note. replay in metastock is a burning project of mine now..... not in tick format, however i'm very close to success.....h
WmWaster  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:17:44 PM(UTC)
WmWaster

When will it be complete? I'm eager to know! :P What I mean is to display 1-min candlestick in real-time. You know, there are 60 variations in 1-min candlestick. When a new tick comes, it will change the cnadlestick. That's what I would like to see.
Bulli  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hayseed wrote:
replay in metastock is a burning project of mine now..... not in tick format, however i'm very close to success.....h

Hayseed,

I ran into this today, any luck on this project? or is it history now?
Years have gone by.

Best regards,
Bulli
Scaleo  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 10:23:57 AM(UTC)
Scaleo

Hi @ all, I had the same problem. I do my papertrades now in "Forextester". ( www.forextester.com/ ) This programm is not only good for Forex, so do not be irritated by the name. It has a lot of nice options, charts and other stuff which make papertrading really easy and productive. You can feed the software with the MS data without probs and when you are papertrading you have a lot timeframes, all technical analyses stuff you need, and my absolut favour option to "speed up" the data. There is a free test version than you can make yourself a picture. think this program is what you are searching for... But by the way, if it would work to replay data in MS I would be very interested too. I think you would need of course the tickdata, an own (simulated) server and a second gateway into MS to defend an possible data collusion between realtime an replay data... best regards Scaleo