logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
minnamor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2006 6:49:36 PM(UTC)
minnamor

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

The formulae in experts, explorations and system tester for the above plug-in are password protected. The manual implies that the system is designed for open next bar entry but it is not clear how one should handle the system tester. All orders are market orders (consistent with entry at open) but I am not sure about the use of entry exit prices in "System Testing Options" - "Trade Execution" - "Trade Price". For a correct entry/exit on next bar, "realistic market prices" should be unchecked and all prices should read "open" and "Delay order opening" should be zero. The latter works if and only if entry conditions/setup are written with a bar delay. Now there is no assurance that this was done in ETS and no way of verifying owing to the password protected formulae. Obviously, this makes a big difference in results because applying open prices to a signal without setup tends to improve results relative to close entry/exit. Has anybody any comments on the above issue. Thanks. Maurizio
damo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 4:43:46 AM(UTC)
damo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Maurizio, forget about this system, it just plain sucks. I have it and the money management system it uses means you need a truck load of money in your ccount just to cover the floating margin on a single trade. It seems to resemble a simple moving average sytem that makes ride out massive troughs just to jump on board an uptrend. You have already pointed out some of its errors and one lesson I've learnt in life is "If it looks like a rat, walks like a rat, smell like a rat, then you cn bet it's a rat" (I wish the stock market had such good odds!). Whats more is that the support is probably the worst I've experienced. Why don't you ask the makers if they can answer your question and see if you can even get a reply. If you do, treat it as good luck and go and buy yourself a lotto ticket. I'm writing off this plugin as one of those bad investments in life.