logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy144  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:05:05 AM(UTC)
Andy144

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I am interested in it because i would like to create my own folder averages and also compute Broad market stats on stocks within the folders (advances/decliners up vol down vol ect..) Does it still work with MS 9.1 for quotcenter?If it does work are their any users who would care to comment on it's +/-'s. One more question can you chart the folder stats that spyglass makes.? Is there a way to do this stuff in MS9.1 without the plug-in. I know it is no longer sold through equis and alot of the BM indicators have been added into MS9.1 but I want to create BM indicators for The Canadian market because I have not found a source for these. Any comments ideas will help. Thanks Andrew
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:25:00 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Check out the free forumdll MSX. The custom indices function will allow you to dget folder averages.
smg  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:50:02 PM(UTC)
smg

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Andrew, I have used SpyGlass since many years. During those days, it was EOD data that was mostly used. This utility is also more comfortable with EOD data or you can say it is designed to be compatible with EOD data. Although it seems to read intraday data also, the output is in EOD format only. Further, I have not tested if the values returned in EOD format from Intraday source are the same as the values that would have been returned, had the source been EOD. It would even have been workable, had the utility been internally compressing Intraday data into EOD bar and then giving the output in EOD format, however I am not sure if it behaves like this at the moment. So, my personal view is that it is a nice utility for EOD data, which will be nicer once it handles Intraday data also appropriately. Regards SMG PS : SpyGlass version being used by me: 2.02 MS version being used by me : Pro 9.1 (Non-QC)
Andy144  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:22:10 AM(UTC)
Andy144

Thanks Stockman / Smg I will try the dll and see if that works for me Andrew
Andy144  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:39:29 AM(UTC)
Andy144

I am unable to find the dll for the folder average. Stockman could you point me in the right direction? Andrew
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:43:40 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Here is the forumdll work that Patrick Nouvion has authored. Just unzip and place into your C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\External Function DLLs directory. Then, when you pull up the indicator builder list of functions, you will see Forumdll on the list. Highlight it and the different components of the forumdll will appear in the right-hand window. You are looking for 'Custom Index'. There is a manual that goes with this external function. I believe Wabbit wrote it... Anyway, check out all of the downloads here: http://forum.equis.com/drm_main.php
Andy144  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:04:38 PM(UTC)
Andy144

Thanks, i must have missed it
david88  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:22:58 PM(UTC)
david88

Thanks, g_stockman