logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michaelb  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:38:50 PM(UTC)
michaelb

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

In the faq online it says "alerts can be written to a text file if you have developers kit" Is there any suggestion on how to achieve this task via possibly MSX function calls ? Looks like MSX is more like custom formula fuction calls, and MSFL is for reading the security price data . Any suggestions ? Michael
chris3105  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:19:46 PM(UTC)
chris3105

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Michael, this is a simple C++ task and has nothing to do with MSX incomplete Sample Code ... LPSTR l_pszFileName = (LPSTR)(l_szFileName); //create Output File HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(l_pszFileName,GENERIC_WRITE,0,0,CREATE_ALWAYS,FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,0); // Output File is generated if(hFile != INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) { CloseHandle(hFile); FILE *l_pszResultFile; l_pszResultFile = fopen(l_pszFileName,"w+"); .... // Now you can add all information to the file, maybe something like this char buffer[1000]; p = sprintf( buffer,"%s\\n", var1); p += sprintf( buffer + p,"%s\\n", var2); p += sprintf( buffer + p, "%5d", var3 ); // add your text to the file fputs(buffer,l_pszResultFile); .... // close the file fclose(l_pszResultFile); // if you like, you can open this file in Notepad with this call ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "notepad.exe", l_pszFileName, NULL, SW_SHOW); Ok? :D
michaelb  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:46:59 PM(UTC)
michaelb

Hi Chris, Thanks for your reply. I guess I should re-ask the question little later after I reviewed and implemented the code to see if there is any obstacle for not calling file functions from MSX. At the same time, any suggestion for the topic from already implemented example will be appreciated. thx, Michael
jtrevatt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:24:59 PM(UTC)
jtrevatt

Hi Chris, I am in the process of writing a DLL that writes alerts to a SQL database. And by alerts I mean all of the information required in the security such as symbol, datetime bar, close, periodicity, interval, alert type (custom), alert value (custom). I am writing a VB.NET application to monitor this table and automate trades via a trading rules engine... this includes email/sms to key traders within our company. Metastock has some 'less than efficient' features that make this a challenge, but Im almost there. If you want to do anything useful with the actual alerts I would suggest that you write to a database rather than text file as pulling data out of a database table is a lot friendler and faster than a text file. Jeremy
hayseed  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:17:43 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey micheal...... not completely sure of your goal here..... if you consider email as text, metastock alerts themselves can send text, its an option on the alert....... the alerts 'texted' message can be sent to any email address..... text pagers also..... again, not sure of your goal so those methods might be of no value to you...... the drawback is, multiple text messages will be sent if the alert bounces..... often they do.....h