logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hwyman  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 8:54:45 PM(UTC)
Hwyman

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have developed several indicators which I would like to feed into another program (Biocomp profit) to build a neural network prediction. Is there a way I can save my Date,O,H,L,C chart plus three or four indicators in the form of a text file which the other piece of software would then read? So far the converter programs I've seen only convert raw price data but no indicators. The text file I need would look something like that: (1) Date/Time, (2) Open, (3) High, (4)Low, (5) Close, (6) Vol, (7) Indicator A, (8) Indicator B, etc... tab ot comma delimited. Tradestation does that very well, I am surprised Metastock does not offer it as it is very simple functionality to implement.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 9:14:36 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Hwyman- One way might be to right-click the price line and select copy, then past it into a text editor. If you pasted into Word, you could then write a macro to format or send the data to wherever you needed it. Just a quick thought.
Hwyman  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 10:22:28 PM(UTC)
Hwyman

g_stockman wrote:
Hey Hwyman- One way might be to right-click the price line and select copy, then past it into a text editor. If you pasted into Word, you could then write a macro to format or send the data to wherever you needed it. Just a quick thought.
Thanks. That was one of the first things I thought of but you can only highlight one data stream at a time. So for a chart with five indicators you need to highlight, copy and paste one time for the price data then five more times for each indicator, then remove all the duplicate date columns. I know with other software packages people create an "external formula" with a dll which automatically saves a complete file. I don't believe that's very hard to do but I wouldn't like to reinvent the wheel. hard to believe no one ever faced this situation.
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 11:00:50 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Well... if you are working with a certain set of charts, you could create OLE links into Excel (manually link all the indicators one time) and then save the workbook. The next time you want to do it, you wouldn't have to recreate the links. Once you have the format in Excel, you can save it as a csv file for export. Same rules as above (actually will work with all of the Office Suite)... macros are your friend. 1. Display the desired chart and indicator; 2. Right-click on the indicator plot and select COPY; 3. Open Excel; 4. Right-click on the cell and choose PASTE SPECIAL; 5. Choose the Paste Link radio button and choose CSV from the list. Click OK.
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 11:04:03 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

BTW, I'm trying to lead you to a free solution. I suppose if it were important enough to you, you might consider a paid commercial solution if you know of software that will already accomplish what you are looking for. IMO, the hard part of this project is getting the indicator data into whatever editor you want to use. After that, the formatting will be a breeze.