logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klburris  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 1:09:19 AM(UTC)
klburris

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Folks: There is a product which I would like to play around with called TSim (TradingSimulation.com). It allows an interface to Interactive Brokers which will then do computerized autotrading (yes, I know, not for the faint of heart :-). TSim requires a specific text file to trigger trades. Is there a way to cause the alert function in metastock to create a file with text data in it containing the usual broker instructions? Thanks in advance. -- Keith
garp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:47:11 PM(UTC)
garp

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

While not responding directly to your query, I can tell you that I did develop a trading system for Interactive Brokers. I used their API and wrote it in C++, although it could have been done in Java. G
DOC  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:14:40 PM(UTC)
DOC

G It might be possible to do this with the Metastock Developer Kit. I suggest you email msdevkit@equis.com or post your question in the Development section in the forum. Give them more detail about what you want in the Text file they should be able to assist you. Doc
etrader  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:32:30 AM(UTC)
etrader

not much of a respond. although this is a normal and common question these days. people want to have a link between MS and IB and it looks so hard to find. Any help from this forum is zero it seems. Looks we need to contact the paid services?

Branden Russell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:34:36 AM(UTC)
Branden Russell

That was a pretty good response. He could have added, "No, you can't do it with alerts", if that is true (I'm not familiar with the alert function anymore and not sure whether it has the ability). But he did provide a fine way to get to what he was asking to do. Even the other person responded saying they had succeeded in doing so.

You can ask on the forum or contact support about alerts (or some other built in method), since it has been over 2 years since the post you're responding to was posted. The functionality might exist now.
If not, then you too can contact the MetaStock Developer's Kit support if you're interested in developing your own or contact a private developer to have them do it for you.

Go to https://www.metastock.com/Customer/ to find ways to contact Equis Support.
johnl  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2008 7:40:23 PM(UTC)
johnl

In MS10 Pro - what does Tools/Options/Trading do? It refers to a OnlineTradingDLLs
ProTrader2.0.exe objects which would imply some sort of data feed. Explaining how
data is fetched and sent may answer some questions.

Branden Russell  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 8:10:36 AM(UTC)
Branden Russell

The MDK can't help you with doing anything with that menu option. MetaStock is setup to work with some brokers, I believe. However, the MDK can't design a broker feed through that menu. You can try to do an MSX DLL that uses a broker API when certain criteria is met and sends in the buy/sell orders. Or you can post in the MetaStock section of the forum or contact Equis support to see if there is a way to design your own trading option for that menu item. I don't think there is, but you can always ask. If you can't do that, an MSX DLL should be able to do what you're after.
elec  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:35:40 AM(UTC)
elec

YES… I have this...and is working properly... from Metastock Pro RT… w/ TradeSim routine... (compuvision.com.au)… read the MS formula… and the signals BUY or SELL are produced... the TradeSim write this in .txt file… and this .txt file read (continue) directly RT with other program (AOETS RT… EleC-69… 6-BUY… 9-SELL…) and send the reading signals to IB. or other Broker...

(time… MS-TradeSim-Write_txt_file-read_txt_file-send_IB… is… <100msec…!)

Regards
Elec

Christos Papathanasiou

elec@otenet.gr

johnl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2008 9:00:28 PM(UTC)
johnl

I looked at tradeSim file requirements, if MS had a alert that dumped the
symbol with some relevant price information in a txt file in a specific directory you
could easily create a .BAT file that runs in the background looking for the text file, reformats the data and sends it over to the tradesim directory (or wherever) for trade processing. I did this for a Retail company I worked for and FTPed files back and
forth and it always worked fine. Once I got the data off the Mainframe I was OK.
MS just needs to get the info out of MS with a string of data that can be manipulated into entry/exit buy/sell points etc.
A DLL for each data feed to each company seems like a lot of work.

wabbit  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 1:18:39 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
If you have a broker that has API functionality, you can use the MDK to send the trade signals directly from MS to the broker. There were some commercial products like TradeBullet for example, that did this with varying degrees of success. I don't see much need to send data from MS to a storage device to then have another application read the written data; the added complexity is more than likely to cause problems, whereas sending signals directly to the broker platform seems much more efficient in most cases.

Hope this helps.

wabbit [:D]