logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cpgrant  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:52:21 PM(UTC)
cpgrant

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I want to suggest much, much faster Metastock Explorations when Exploring real-time using a Quotecenter connection rather than Reuters Datalink. An real time Exploration of all Optionable stocks (2500) on a fast computer and a fast connection may take may take 30 minutes . 30 minutes for an Exploration is ridiculous, when Schwab’s Street Smart Pro Explorations are almost instantaneous. This proves that fast Explorations are possible. Also consider the price difference Street Smart Pro is free, and there is no subscription cost. Metastock must improve the Exploration speed. I suggest cutting real time exploration of 2500 stocks to 3 minutes or less. During the daily workflow it’s important that 2-3 explorations can be started at noon and completed before 12:30 PM, so that there is time enough for some trading based on the Exploration reports before the market closes. I know that this may require: 1. MetaStock code optimization 2. Optimizing the web servers and connections for speed 3. Collaboration between several product development and engineering groups such as the MetaStock team, the Quotecenter team and the web server team.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 2:43:49 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Faster explorations also require: 4. More efficient formula coding by the end-user (e.g., avoid the use of PREV functions). jose '-)
kanellop  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 7:19:48 AM(UTC)
kanellop

I want to tell you my Experience in Explorations. I do not make Real Time Explorations until now in my PC. I make Explorations with, End of Day Data from ReutersDatalink, into my PC. So, for to make extremely fast Explorations with my Metastock, I change my PC with a New One, a little Period ago. With more Speed in Processor (3.6GHz Intel Pentium), New Hard Discs(Western Digital) in the Speed of 10000RPM and with a New Memory(2GB Kingston 800MHz) and a New MotherBoard (MSI). The Time that need for the Metastock Explorations in compare with the Old System that i had (Intel Pentium 933MHz, Memory 256MB), is reduce it, in the 1/5th at least. So the PC hardware play an important role. In your Case you make the Explorations with the Schwab's Street Smart Pro as you mention. I do not know that System because i do not use the Schwab Brokerage Firm. But maybe this System use the Software and Hardware Technology of the Schwab and make that. Meaning that maybe have in their Software abilities, for to put your Criteria for Explorations into it, then the Schwab System using their Hardware to make extremely fast Calculations based in your Criteria and to give you after a few Seconds the Results. That is different. Anyway i agree also with my Favourite Person Jose in his opinion. I am thinking to tell you to contact both with Metastock Support(Contact with Mr Ken Kump, is the Extremely Good Manager of Equis Support Very Good Service) and also with Schwab Brokerage Firm for to ask about how make so fast Explorations, their System. Then decide what you will do. Kind Regards, George K.