logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2005 4:39:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well I think we can count ourselves lucky that so many skilled and knowledgeable people are part of our forum ... and are willing to share with others ... :D Patrick :mrgreen:
dvdforbes  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 3:33:05 PM(UTC)
dvdforbes

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, All ,All, All Group members It is unbeliveable after te.....n days this counter is unreplied and no post. Come on all David
mstt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 6:12:50 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
David I seem to have missed the original post. What was the question? Roy MetaStock Tips & Tools
Jose  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 8:00:22 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Roy wrote:
I seem to have missed the original post. What was the question?
I think it was something like "To Be or Not to Be..." :) jose '-)
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 8:06:13 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Is this regarding the India based user groups?? If so, your post above is in the wrong forum. Let me know and I'll move it.
dvdforbes  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:06:53 PM(UTC)
dvdforbes

Hi, I mean that "Roys Arena" should not be blank after ten days . There must be question from group members regarding Roys and MSTT. Thanks
RUAGOODP  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:38:08 PM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi Roy, I have been looking at one of your previous profit trailing stops: EntryCost:=Input("Entry cost $",0,100,33); ExitCost:= Input(" Exit cost $",0,100,33); Profit:=Input("Profit goal %",1,50,10)/100; Loss:=Input(" Stop loss %" ,1,50,5)/100; Equity:=Input("Trade equity $",500,100000,10000); EntryPrice:=Input("Entry price option, 1=O 2=C 3=Stop",1,3,2); ExitOpt:=2; {Exit option, 1=O 2=C 3=Stop} n:=Fml("roy reversal entry(2)"); x:=Fml("roy reversal eXIT(2)"); i:=Cum(n<>-1 AND x<>-1)=1; EntryPrice:=If(EntryPrice=1,O,If(EntryPrice=2,C,n)); ExitPrice:=If(ExitOpt=1,O,If(ExitOpt=2,C,H)); pFactor:=((Equity*(1+Profit)+ExitCost)/ (Equity-EntryCost)); lFactor:=((Equity*(1-Loss)+ExitCost)/ (Equity-EntryCost)); EntryAmt:=If(BarsSince(i OR n>0)>=BarsSince(i OR x>0 OR ExitPrice>pFactor*(ValueWhen(1,i OR (n>0 AND Alert(If(BarsSince(i OR n>0)>=BarsSince(i OR x>0),0,1)=0,2)), EntryPrice)) OR If(ExitOpt<3, ExitPrice,L)<=lFactor*(ValueWhen(1,i OR (n>0 AND Alert(If(BarsSince(i OR n>0)>=BarsSince(i OR x>0),0,1)=0,2)), EntryPrice))),0, ValueWhen(1,i OR (n>0 AND Alert(If(BarsSince(i OR n>0)>= BarsSince(i OR x>0),0,1)=0,2)),EntryPrice)); y:=If(EntryAmt=0 AND Alert(EntryAmt>0,2) AND ExitPrice>= ValueWhen(1,i OR EntryAmt>0,EntryAmt)*pFactor,If(ExitOpt=1,O, If(ExitOpt=2,C,ValueWhen(1,i OR EntryAmt>0,EntryAmt)*pFactor)),0); z:=If(EntryAmt=0 AND Alert(EntryAmt>0,2) AND If(ExitOpt<3, ExitPrice,L)<ValueWhen(1,i OR EntryAmt>0,EntryAmt)*lFactor, If(ExitOpt=1,O,If(ExitOpt=2,C,ValueWhen(1,i OR EntryAmt>0, EntryAmt)*lFactor)),0); pTarget:=If(Y=0,0,If(Y>0.1 AND Y<=0.5, If(Int(Y*200)=Y*200,Y, Int((Y)*200)/200), If(Y<=0.1,If(Int(Y*1000)=Y*1000,Y, Int((Y)*1000)/1000),If(Int(Y*100)=Y*100,Y, Int((Y)*100)/100)))); lTarget:=If(Z=0,0,If(Z>0.1 AND Z<=0.5, If(Int(Z*200)=Z*200,Z, Int((Z)*200)/200), If(Z<=0.1,If(Int(Z*1000)=Z*1000,Z, Int((Z)*1000)/1000),If(Int(Z*100)=Z*100,Z, Int((Z)*100)/100)))); EntryAmt; {EntryAmt*pFactor; EntryAmt*lFactor; } I wanted to convert it to this type of trailing stop but am finding difficulties doing it: Use a $1500 money management stop. (Limits loss to $1500.00) When profit reaches $1,000, exit with a stop at entry price. When profit reaches $2,000, exit with a stop at entry plus $1,250. When profit reaches $3,500, exit with a stop at entry plus $2,500. When profit reaches $5,000, exit with a stop at entry plus $4500. When profit is greater than $7,500 exit with a stop at the previous day's low. Could you help me out? Cheers Norman
mstt  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:57:30 PM(UTC)
mstt

Hi Norman A hard dollar stop for the System Tester is one of the projects I've got on the back-burner. I'll add your request to to it as its really just a variation on the theme. Sorry, but I can't push it to the front of the queue. Roy MetaStock Tips & Tools
RUAGOODP  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:11:42 PM(UTC)
RUAGOODP

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi Roy, No problems :) Cheers Norman
strw23  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:10:58 PM(UTC)
strw23

Hello Roy I was just wondering if you know of a way to program metastock/tradesim to do the following. What I want to do is make my system fully mechanical. So if it gives me 6 trades on the one day and I only have enough capital for 1 trade it will select only one based on a criteria I give it. I know some people flip a coin or get their children to choose but I want to be able to try different possabilities and test their profitability. If this is not available with current formulas is there anybody out there who has or is interested in programing a dll for this. I know it is possable to do this with wealthlab but I would prefer to stick to metastock. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Have a happy New year and be safe over the holiday periods Scott Tracey
mstt  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:46:44 PM(UTC)
mstt

Hi Scott I'm not sure that this can be done with MetaStock/TradeSim as there are several elements to bring together - I can see more problems than solutions. One thing that might be of help to you is my "Portfolio Ranking" tool. This is a solution just looking for a problem. However, it's based on the GV DLL (Mark Pyles GlobalVar DLL) and it requires all securities included in the ranking process to have data for exactly the same dates (a bar missing here or there is unacceptable). That means that a large number of securites for some databases have to be excluded from the ranking process. This is not really a problem, for example, with weekly data from the US S&P 500, but it is a real problem with less consistent daily data for the ASX S&P 300. Putting those problems to one side, what the ranking tool does is build up the top 6 (or 12 or 18) rankings for any criteria you can code, and for every bar included in the process. The result is a separate data array for each of the ranking levels (e.g. 1st through 18th) that returns the value of your criteria at each ranking level. While it's easy to achieve current-bar ranking levels across any portfolio with just a simple exploration, it's much more difficult to calculate those rankings for every bar, and impossible to do on the fly. MetaStock merely processes securities serially. The ranking tool predefines rankings so that they can then be used on the fly in a systems test. I think Larry Carhartt's MetaStockCSV capability could probably be used to permanently store portfolio rankings, and that would eliminate the present need to recreate ranking data arrays with each MetaStock session. Global variables held by the GV DLL are not saved when MetaStock is closed. Whether such rankings (priority of the entry signal in your case) can then be used by TradeSim, or whether the entry decision has to be filtered by MetaStock, I really don't know for sure. My suspicion is that the TradeSim trade file built by MetaStock would have to filter out unwanted entries, and to do that properly you'd have to be able to track the expected portfolio equity curve and number of active trades in MetaStock. Those are things that TradeSim is much better at. Perhaps sombody that has more experience with TradeSim might care to offer an opinion on how to feed ranking information to TradeSim Roy MetaStock Tips & Tools
strw23  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2005 12:59:19 AM(UTC)
strw23

Thanks for that Roy. It may not be able to do what I want but it gives me something else to look at. Scott