logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eltiganiae  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2005 12:40:16 PM(UTC)
eltiganiae

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

When tring some experts or indicators I simply dont find them in my software : :twisted:
Quote:
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2005 2:03:40 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey eltiganiae- Welcome to the forum! I don't understand your question. Can you give me a specific example? Thanks!
eltiganiae  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:44:55 PM(UTC)
eltiganiae

I try to practice on the CD titled Finding the right trades with metastockeg When I try toapply PS exponential moving average, PS projection ,PS chande,,equis classic MA from indicators : Smoothed directional movement.DMI crossover and volume oscillator ,I dont find these and some other indictors or and experts I noticed Bret Chalesworth in his trainning CD he ignored the indicators in metastock are they not important Dr Eltigani
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:18:02 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello! Anything that starts with a PS is an indicator that came from the Performance Systems Plus plug in. As far as one indicator being better than another... well, that is a can of worms :) (and a great reason for back testing). What I would recommend is figure out what the indicator is measuring (volume, volatility, momentum, etc.) Then choose a couple of indicators that measure different things and backtest them with your securities to see if they have performed well in the past. The theory is if they have performed well in the past, they will perform well in the future (always keep testing though because markets and securities change). There are many places to learn about indicators (what they do, how they are calculated, etc). If they are part of MS just click on your indicator and then click on Help. The help files will even tell you how to interpret them. Or you can read the Technical Analysis from A to Z book (you can read it online at www.metastock.com/TAAZ - I will nag you for your email address but you can just click No Thanks) Or you can ask here - loads of super smart and very helpful people here. Hopefully I have not missed the point of your post altogether :) and that I have been helpful! M
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:40:10 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Yea... the indicators that you see will be those that are native to MetaStock, plus whatever plugins you have installed. Try to customize some of them. There is a lot to get started with. Plus, make sure you check out the Formula Primer for some basic samples. Then, if you get stuck, tons of folks here can help you out.:D
hayseed  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:12:28 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey Dr Eltigani.... wise move studying first..... i haven't seen the cd so not sure what your lookin at..... its likely just a deal where only so much can be put on 1 study type cd...... some of the best scenes always end up on the cutting room floor...... to put everything in a study course would be more of a 20 cd collectors edition ..... here are some of the indicators that should be included the standard metastock....... hey, now thats an easy project for patrick, a 20 cd collectors edition..... and have it ready by christmas.....h