logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Topkat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:09:24 PM(UTC)
Topkat

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Jose, thank you for this indicator. Is it possible to do an exploration for buys/sells on an indicator (such as RSI)? I tried using the Zig(RSI(14),4,$) command, but the peaks and troughs were marked differently than when I plugged these parameters into your indicator (dropping the P variable on the RSI(14)). Does dropping the P variable on an indicator still use the closing price for peaks/troughs? I think I got lost following your logic. I am aware of the dynamic nature of the last leg... Thank you.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:37:37 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
TopKat, it's best to stay away from the "P" variable when using explorations - it can be confusing if the wrong plot is selected. To replace price by an indicator, just replace the "pr" variable in the original formula, thus: [code:1:ef25d4fa16] { Complete ZigZag-based indicator set - RSI(14)} { Allows use of points in Peak/Trough functions} { ©Copyright 2005 Jose Silva The grant of this license is for personal use only - no resale or repackaging allowed. All code remains the property of Jose Silva. http://www.metastocktools.com } { User inputs } ch:=Input("Minimum reversal amount", .001,100000,4); method:=Input("Method: [1]$ points, [2]% percent",1,2,1); Nth:=Input("Nth Peak/Trough",1,100,1); pds:=Input("RSI periods",1,260,14); plot:=Input("Peaks/Troughs: [1]Values, [2]Signals, [3]ZigZag",1,3,3); { Indicator } pr:=RSI(pds); { Zig Zag } zzPts:=Zig(pr,ch,$); zzPer:=Zig(pr,ch,%); zz:=If(method=1,zzPts,zzPer); { Peak/Trough values } pkPts:=Peak(Nth,zzPts,.001); pkVal:=If(method=1,pkPts,Peak(Nth,pr,ch)); trPts:=Trough(Nth,zzPts,.001); trVal:=If(method=1,trPts,Trough(Nth,pr,ch)); { Peak/Trough signals } pkPts:=PeakBars(Nth,zzPts,.001)=0; pk:=If(method=1,pkPts,PeakBars(Nth,pr,ch)=0); trPts:=TroughBars(Nth,zzPts,.001)=0; tr:=If(method=1,trPts,TroughBars(Nth,pr,ch)=0); { Plot ZigZag/Peaks/Troughs on chart, Peak & Trough signals in own window } If(plot=1,pkVal,If(plot=2,pk,zz)); If(plot=1,trVal,If(plot=2,-tr,zz)) [/code:1:ef25d4fa16] jose '-)