logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckstarrrr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 5:58:58 PM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It seems like all the formulae in the collection require power pivots plugin. If you were to buy one plug in or add-on, what would it be?
henry1224  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2005 12:17:16 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have John Murphy's CPR, John Bollinger's first addon, Nison's Candlesticks unleashed, PowerPivots Plus,Adaptive trading solutions, Performance Systems Plus, Trade Oracle, debry Spyglass. Performance systems plus is designed to help you get started with systems. You can learn a lot of code,but don't just settle for the canned systems. Trade Oracle has the same systems as Performance systems plus. I have started using Adaptive trading Solutions and have found new uses with their external functions. My favorite add-on is the PowerPivots Plus. It is not the systems that come with the add-on, you will find that the external functions are the real value of this add-on
CN001532  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2005 9:33:03 AM(UTC)
CN001532

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

If I had to buy only one plug-in. I would choose Adaptick ICE 2.6, John Slauson did the coding in Metastock for the Bollinger and Murphy plugs -ins just mentioned. This plug-in will had-hold you in designing and evaluating indicators as well as backtesting and installing these trading systems. www.adaptick.com.
greview  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:14:08 PM(UTC)
greview

ICE is a good product, but John Slauson did not do the coding for the Murphy add-on. It was done inhouse at Equis.
Jose  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2005 2:30:27 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If I had to depend on one single MS plug-in for developing a successful trading strategy, I would probably give up the idea of trading and concentrate on other career possibilities. If I had to choose one single plug-in for extending MetaStock's formula language capabilities, I would choose either of the free & versatile Forum.dll or ASI.dll, found here. jose '-)