logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bulli  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 6:55:46 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, I ran into this plug-in while looking for ARIMA, it is free for personal use, I was unable to install it in Metastock, Can someone try and install it and let me if it installs fine. The formorg.exe just hangs there doing nothing :smt089 . I mean looking at the process it just stands still :evil: even after a few minutes on a fast PC. http://forestock.com/ I want to give it a try, I do not like forecasting, or back testing for that matter, but I never mind a try. Or if someone know of another plug-in that do the same :idea: . Thanks if someone can help :smt100 , Bulli 8:-)
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 7:08:55 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Worked fine for me ... Sorry ... I would restart you rpc and try the install again ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Bulli  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 8:59:58 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Thanks Patrick, That did not help as I already tried, I just wanted to make sure it is not the plug-in. This PC is due for a clean up, it is for software testing, I think it is time to do it :evil: AGAIN Bulli :lol:
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 9:08:35 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What version of MS R U using? Maybe it matters??? Dunno.
Bulli  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 9:27:34 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Hi g_stockman, I am using 9.0; But it is not Metastock I have just formated HD and fresh installed everything (with a test system you have to do this often, you know each program leaves a lot of ##@#@# behind). The plug-in just worked as it should. :lol: Now it is time to do some testing on it, I just mentioned it here as the plug-in could be of some value to other members. :wink: We are here to share information :wink: . Thanks, Bulli
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 10:42:53 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks for sharing. Leave us a good review. I need it for a future forum project!
Jose  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 12:47:45 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Be careful - there seems to be some hindsight-based stuff and lots of confusing mathematical jargon & hype at forestock.com. Here is some of it explained: "fractal metanet architecture" Translation: Fractal network analysis and optimization system. :? "multivariate statistical analysis" Translation: Uses lots of variables in its processing, as usually found in any optimizing process. "Multivariate statistical models of arbitrary dimensions in infinite level layering network" Translation: Many variables, enough to keep you busy for a while. ;) "multiscale tables and charts featuring confidence estimates and residuals" Translations: multiscale tables = tables & charts with more than one scale; confidence estimates = r-squared values (equates to 0.01~99.99% confidence), as used by MetaStock's ODDS Probability Cones; residuals = difference between forecasts & actual performance - expect large numbers here. "Transparent model structure with multilevel hypertext navigation delivered through built-in web server." Translation: Comes with Help file. "Own standard of superfast unlimited object storage with multi-user support." Translation: No such thing as "unlimited object storage" exists; more than one copy of the Aura.dll may be installed. "Unattended automated operation" Translation: Expect a lot processing overheads with the optimization process used by the Aura.dll. "Unlimited extensibility through unified language neutral model component standard" Translation for this little gem is well beyond my comprehension & ability. The bottom line is: will any of the above help in the actual trading process? Beware of mathematical jargon & hype used to impress the uninitiated - it usually has little or no relevance to the trading markets. Caveat emptor. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com