logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
masterdata  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:08:56 PM(UTC)
masterdata

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I know with a program as complex and "all-encompassing" as MetaStock, everyone wants something that isn't there. Here's one of mine: Currently the Formula Builder simply lists all Custom Indicators. It would be EXTREMELY helpful, if MetaStock would allow the creation of folders within the Builder list (a few levels deep would be nicer still). That way, for instance all custom indicators could be organized as the user sees fit. Plug-ins could also segregate all their specific Custom Indicators in their own folder for ease of use and clarity to the end user. Thank you. Best Larry Carhartt http://www.masterdata4metastock.com
Bulli  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:26:31 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Woud be really nice, but for the time being I am doing something that might be of help: I am renaming the indicators by placing a name for the group: For example :lol: : My custom indicators all start with Bulli. another example: All MACD, MACD related, MACD drived, etc. start with MACD in all of them. Now when you open the list they will be one after the other. Well, at least works for me, give it a try. Remember to back them up in case you need to re-install Metastock or something otherwise you have to re-do all of them. And that is no fun :smt011 . Bulli
masterdata  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:33:28 PM(UTC)
masterdata

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Bulli, Good suggestion. I currently use various punctuation characters like * or _ or . or .. to start the Custom Indicator names. Like your beginning names, it keeps them grouped, but as punctuation characters will appear at the top of the list of Custom Indicators. Based on the character you choose you can control the order in which Custom Indicators appear. Our ideas work (sort of), but folders would ease the burden completely. Best Larry Carhartt http://www.masterdata4metastock.com
Bulli  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:03:07 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

You are right about the signs get to be at the top of the list. But It might give some confusion when using them in formulas due the operands (+ * - ) Since you are using them I do not think you would be facing this problem. Putting them together: I would do the following make group names and give priority listing with the signs if you are sure you will not get confused. Best regards, Bulli