logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mokwit  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:50:19 AM(UTC)
Mokwit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Does anyone know how to create a directory of securities (with a valid master file) from a saved exploration? I have about 1300 stocks in my 'securities' folder and this is waht I scan with explorer. One of the scans generates a list of around 250 stocks whichh I have saved as an exploration in favorites but I understand it saves a list but not the data files themselves with a 'Master' file for the 250 stock list which is what I need to use Quickchart program to flip through them rapidly. Any ideas? Will Downloader effect this conversion if I use it properly. Will Metaload do this? It seems mouse right click and save only allows the creation of a new "favourites' file from which I am not aware of any way of creating an actual group of physical data files which can be saved into another directory and accessed by another program which is what I need to do. Thanks in advance for any help - have tried manual and search here.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:35:02 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Highlight the results and right click the select, select copy and paste it into excel. In excel delete every columns but the Symbol and mayb the name. Save the file as csv. Now rename the file from .CSV to .SYM and copy the file in the downloader folder. Close the MS and the downloader, restart the downloader andclikc on file new security. Click on look up and serch for that customsym file you have created etc ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Mokwit  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2005 5:42:19 AM(UTC)
Mokwit

Patrick, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am getting stuck at the 'copy' stage, there seems to be no way of copying the highlighted/selected securities - no right click option and Ctrl C won't do it either. Please advise as to what I am missing................TIA
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2005 12:14:15 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey mokwit..... i'm knee deep in hurricane restoration right now so this is very brief, holler back if ya don't follow..... click below...h saving explorations post on subject
Mokwit  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2005 2:12:19 PM(UTC)
Mokwit

Thanks hayseed, that nailed it, what I was doing wrong was trying to save the securities file list rather than the results of the exploration. Now I can proceed as Patrick suggested :mrgreen: