logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:01:45 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey patrick.... have a zillion things running now so the trouble might be on my end.... in my first attempt with the lite version it appears something is not correct.... every function returns the referencing error saying the function does not exist.... i noticed the name contains capitols, 'DLL', if that matters.... thought it was Dll before.... changed it , didn't seem to help.... when i revert back to the prior version dll everything works.... it will take abit but i'll reboot and try again.....h is this code correct... its from before, never could see my problem....h ExtFml("ForumDll.VarRSI",(H+O+L+C)/4,Mov(Stoch(5,3),10,E))
mstt  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:23:26 AM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I get the same basic problem as Hayseed. My dll is named Forum.dll, but it shouldn't matter what name it is given. When I start MS 9.1 and go looking for the Forum function in the Indicator Builder there's nothing there, not even the older version, since I just overwrote it. Roy
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:27:05 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
Hammer time!!
:ptdr: H ... Uppercase or lowercase should be the same ... Does not matter ... And you are running 9.1? ... hum :-k should work ... Let me test the file I uploaded just in case ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:30:00 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Alright then it means I'm missing some library files, hold on ...
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:40:23 AM(UTC)
Patrick

I just tested at Work where the dev kit is not installed and it seems to work ... What error message do you guys get? Roy when you select Forum.dll in the formula editor function list, do you see the functions or is it blank? Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:54:48 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Well I'm not allowed to clean up anything anymore :roll: :lol: Let's try this one :D
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:10:47 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Alright this one has been tested on a POS pc :D And It works :D Patrick :mrgreen:
hayseed  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:50:13 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... that one works fine.... if you need to know, i can reinstall the lite version for the error message, can't remember off hand exactly what it said.... you mentioned to roy when you select Forum.dll in the formula editor function list .... the 48k version never showed any.... all prior versions are still in my list, though renamed, they show the functions contained in each..... thanks..... btw, you must clean like me.... when i'm through cleaning there is nothing left but 4 very white walls and one very mad wife...... but hey, its clean....h
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:20:47 PM(UTC)
Patrick

[quote=Cleaning by the empty" ... And as far as the wife problem goes ... Well I got rid of her too :lol: :D Let me know what your testing brings back. Thanks :D Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 3:38:20 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I was updating the ForumDLL manual, here is what I wrote , let me know if you agree with this : 11) Custom Index This function will return the index value of a selected folder. It will sum the close value of all the securities in the specified folder and divide the total by the number of securities in the folder. Pretty simplistic but extremely useful. This only works in MetaStock 9.1 for now … Also make sure to use quotes around the path names The syntax: ExtFml("ForumDll.CustomIndex",”Path”) Example 1: ExtFml("ForumDLL.CustomIndex","C:\\MetaStock Data\\Sample" ) {Returns the index value for all the securities in this folder} What does it do, Why is it useful? First speed of execution, well let me say that it beats the hell out of the security function ;) But I did test an index of 500 securities on 1000 periods and it took about 20 seconds for the indicator to plot the first, using the next security button scrolling through charts was a breeze … Let me know how you are using this function :D Troubleshooting 1) Why is my custom index indicator FLAT This means that the securities in the folder you have selected do not have up to date data. 2) Why does the value change This means that the chart you applied the Custom Index indicator on has some missing data. To test this is used this indicator and look at the first date and last date. You will notice that these change when the custom index function seems to be wrong … Startdate:=ValueWhen(1,cum(1)=1,(year()*10000)+(month()*100+dayofmonth())); Lastdate:=ValueWhen(1,cum(1)=1,(year()*10000)+(month()*100+dayofmonth())); StartDate; LastDate
hayseed  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:54:49 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick..... did you have time to look at this code.... its from the dll manual, still plots a flat line.... i might be doing something wrong..... still testing, everything else appears ok....h ExtFml("ForumDll.VarRSI",(H+O+L+C)/4,Mov(Stoch(5,3),10,E)) exact manual text ExtFml("ForumDll.VarRSI", (H+O+L+C)/4, Mov(Stoch(5,3),10,E)) {A RSI based of an average …}
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:58:46 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Sorry h ... That was just an example that I never tested ... :lol: Yes it does plot a flat line but if I just calculte a regular RSI with it or some other variable value it should work ... What about the index function? Patrick :mrgreen:
hayseed  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:33:13 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... the index function on this latest version works like a typical indicator, meaning that the data for both indicator and base security line up..... on the prior version, which i saved , the data does not line up chronologically.... which was neat also... i post some charts later.... both versions are handy and like you said awhile back, just about the only realistic manner to create custom indexes..... making up a bunch of index type folders now...... thanks....h
Patrick  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:36:34 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Good ... Glad you like it ... Then I will upload the new manual and the new dll in the right post. For anyone out there I'm tweking the server so don't be alarmed if weid things happen :D
StorkBite  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:58:36 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
P- Can you post a link here for the most current version of Forum.dll, please? When I start into test mode 7 hr from now, I want to make sure I don't get shredded on the old crap. :P We need version numbers to make sure we are d/l'ing what we think we are... Forum108.dll, Forum109.dll, etc. Then a revision history posted with a link: Forum109.dll........ Click Here Forum108.dll........ Click Here
Patrick  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:01:19 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Good idea ... I actally have something coming up soon ... but It's a secret :D For now the most current dll is in this thread ... As posted earlier I have done enough goofing around for today so uploading the new manual and newdll in the right thread will have to wait :D
StorkBite  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:31:10 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Ok P- Looks like you hit a homer with this one. I think it is doing what I think that you think that it should be doing! LOL! Lets talk about that… :D What the heck is all this? [quote=ForumDll.CustomIndex", "Path", Data Array, Method), where method=1= sum and method=2= average. You know the Data Array... if not you can email me... :P Great work. I don't know what's better than your last compliment, but you're even better than that!
Patrick  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:35:52 PM(UTC)
Patrick

ForumDll.CustomIndex", "Path", Data Array, Method), where method=1= sum and method=2= average.[/quote wrote:
Yes I will do this, it is actually my vacation project for next week :D Patrick :mrgreen
StorkBite  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:26:22 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Quote:
vacation project
:shock: :shock: :shock: No Way! How many dang vacation days does Equis give away per year? Didn't you just get back from vacation?
Patrick  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:37:26 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Well I have been with equis for 5 years now ;) Plus I did not take any vacation this year except last time ... well not trying to make anyone jealous but I have many days left to take till the end of the year ( My plan is one week off each month :lol: ) Patrick :mrgreen: