logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
INVESTORKK  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 12:25:41 PM(UTC)
INVESTORKK

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

In metastock explorer for the filter section up to 256 character is available for editing... Is there any add-in program or any other section that I dont know to solve this problem.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 2:28:51 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In MetaStock v8.01, the exploration filter space is 2499 characters... jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 2:39:08 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey INVESTORKK..... the only way to increase that limit might be thru tight coding..... use the fml to reduce..... you likely know this but some might not..... as a example, filter (Mov( ( RSI(8) - LLV( RSI(8) ,8 ) ) / ( ( HHV( RSI(8) ,8) ) - LLV(RSI(8),8) ),3,E) *100)>90 will return the same results as simply, fml("a") but with far less characters.... the difference is having an indicator named "[color=blue:c57014d2c0]a[/color]" whose formula is [color=blue:c57014d2c0](Mov( ( RSI(8) - LLV( RSI(8) ,8 ) ) / ( ( HHV( RSI(8) ,8) ) - LLV(RSI(8),8) ),3,E) *100)>90[/color].... thats the only way that comes to mind..... try the fml, there will be significant savings .....h
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 2:56:38 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey INVESTORKK..... it never dawned on me to look at the limit untill seeing jose's post.... shows ya how often i do explorations i guess........ which version are you using, if ya don't mind..... and btw, wasn't sure on how to export that many indicators to excel..... it might be easier to set up macro's in excell for the function formulas and the just export the price data.... corrected this post, limit appears to be 3000 in 9.1, thats assuming all characters are equal.....h
garykong  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 3:08:17 PM(UTC)
garykong

hi hayseed or others, Just curious, wouldn't it affect the efficiency of MS if we put a lot of external formulae similar to fml("a")? I mean will it consume more cache / ram to run it? secondly, is it possible to export real time data to excel by macro? .. thks
hayseed  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:27:04 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey gary..... seems like you can use macros to link excel to real time data.... i am almost certain it can be done using QC.... there is a reuters tools app for excel that creates the links... the use of external formulas almost assuredly must effect meta's efficiency.... that effect might not be a negative one.... without knowing exactly the process meta uses in explorations, we would have to time related explorations.... i ran the macd expert, macd histogram expert, and stochastic osc experts explorations on the folder 'stocks north american' the 7590 US securities only... it took 1.02 , 1.22, and 1.08 for total time of 3.32 minutes... then i ran a combination of those 3 using the fml("a") type setup... the combo deal took 1.39 minutes..... each column contained only fml ..... the combo was similiar to this........ at least in some cases it appears fml's have a positive effect.... patrick, jose or roy would have more experienced thoughts.....h