logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 7:48:09 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Alright I have reopened the wish list forum, please check this list first and make sure your request has not already been suggested. Thanks, Patrick :mrgreen: 1 Data CD Add Canadian Industries / Indices Maybe Do this for our Australian users who are plenty ... 2 The Explorer I run the same exploration daily. It would be great if you could compare the lists from the previous day's exploration with the current day & be able to highlight or extract just the new stocks that come up. Currently I have to download the lists to excel ... 3 The Explorer Specific Load Options for each exploration 4 Formula Functions IsDefined()/IsUndefined functions are useless ... Get them to work the way they are supposed to. I want to be able to define a null plot - i.e. to force Metastock to STOP drawing the plot until the formula says it should be drawn again. 5 Power Tools Organisation of indicators, experts,explorations and systems. It would be nice to be able to group these into directories and sub-directories (e.g. Bar Patterns, Candle Patterns, Trend Following, Swing Trades, etc) in a way similar to "Preferences" in Internet Explorer. 6 Indicator Builder Window Make it resizable and Not having to close the window before I can do anything else Data Window Make it resizable System tester Not having to close the window before I can do anything else Exploration Report Window Make it resizable and Not having to close the window before I can do anything else 7 Chart window Properties Add a last change in % option. 8 Optionscope Can functionality be added to OptionScope that allows the user to select which method is used to calculate the value of an option contract? 9 Portfolio Manager Make One 10 Power Tools Allow us to use a custom folder to store our formulae again 11 Charting Next Bar button ... Like a music player control bar ( Back,Forward, play, stop ) 12 MetaStock Week are set to Monday to friday, we need to help our international users by making this more flexible 13 System tester Redo the whole thing and take example on trade sim 14 Intraday periodicity Higher than 60 minutes and custom count of ticks 15 Formula Langugae More flexibility ( loops, case statement etc ..) 16 Downloader Better Data management , correct invalid, update symbols automatically 17 Formula Language Allow formatting commands : http://www.bullcharts.com.au/bullscript.asp 18 Alerts On trendline I would like Equis to develop alerts for drawing tools such as trendlines, triangle, horizontal line and rectangle etc. When the close (or high/low) crosses the line or enters the enclosed area, an alert report is automatically produced and all the charts 19 MetaStock Aloow us to download updates. 20 Data Management Make futurerollovers easier.. 21 Misc Make a 'save as image' function 22 Misc more functions in 'chart properties', I like to make my own chart backgrounds, maby a image or something. 23 Power Tools Can your system provide a filter that would scan for earnings. 24 Formula Language Variable inputs allowed in all MS functions 25 MetaStock A function to export data/sytem test results etc. to a .csv file 26 The Explorer how about bringing back the "select folders" (not individual securities) function in the Explorer? This has been the source of countless headaches for MetaStock users.
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:38:40 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
thejudas wrote:
Is there any method to extract this information from MS? It would be great to have something like a command line interpretter - say you pass some shell command to MS and it writes Ticker, Date, Volume, High, Low, Close, etc to disk, depending on the paramaters of this shell command. Then I could generate these commands . I would appreciate any suggestions.
George  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 9:56:45 AM(UTC)
George

“6 Indicator Builder Window Make it resizable and Not having to close the window before I can do anything else Data Window Make it resizable System tester Not having to close the window before I can do anything else Exploration Report Window Make it resizable and Not having to close the window before I can do anything else” Same with Tip of the Day
investorretired  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2005 3:19:36 PM(UTC)
investorretired

Item 23 If possible, maybe it could be expanded to include more fundamental information such as capitalization, sales, etc. This issue might boil down to what information is available from the data provider. I must add, MetaStock is a TECHNICAL analysis program although it can be expanded. :smt023