logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimjim  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:36:33 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I've downloaded the forumdll.[censored] and moved it to my ExternalFunctionsdll folder(forumdll.dll); but, when I go to the Indicator Builder and look for the ExternalFunctions in the Functions Category......it isn't there. Can anyone suggest a possible solution????
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:44:11 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Make sure you restart metastock after copying the file, then check for forum dll again ... Also you need to have ms 7.0 or above ... Patrick :mrgreen:
jimjim  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:24:03 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Patrick: I have Version 7.2 and have restarted Metastock several times.....and still do not see the External Functions in the Functions Category window. I'm using Win 2000 Prof..........could that be a factor? Jim
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:31:26 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Sorry to ask but have you read the manual that comes with :
Quote:
Download the most current version of the dll from http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?p=5824 You need to be registered and logged on to the forum to be able to download files. You might find the files somewhere but the updated version will always be on the forum first … Make sure to close MetaStock, then rename the file from ForumDll.[censored] to ForumDll.dll Copy the ForumDll to your EQUIS\\ExternalFunctionsDll folder. It is usually located at C:\\PROGRAM FILES\\ EQUIS\\ExternalFunctionsDll. Now you can start MetaStock and Check that the file was recognize. In MetaStock click on tools, indicator builder, click on new and click on Functions. In the list on the left column look for ForumDll and select it. If you see all the functions mentioned in this manual then you are all set. If you have questions and /or comments about the manual or the dll or the functions please send an email to ForumAdmin@equis.com or post a message in our forum at forum.equis.com in the development section. I hope you will find this material useful. The MetaStock Forum Crew 2005
jimjim  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:47:45 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Patrick, Yes, I downloaded the manual(and read it) as well as the dll file.....and moved and renamed it .....to: D:\\Program Files\\Equis\\ExternalFunctionsDLL folder........ MS is located here........ D:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock Jim
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:50:27 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Quote:
In MetaStock click on tools, indicator builder, click on new and click on Functions. In the list on the left column look for ForumDll and select it.
What happens when you get there? Nothing ... To be honest there is nothing to it, if you copied the file it should show up ... I will let you know if I can think of anything else ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:58:28 AM(UTC)
Patrick

I just tried the ForumDll.dll from the forum right now and the file is ok ... So the problem is somewhere else ...
jimjim  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:09:45 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Patrick, The manual does not mention the ForumDll.cpp file........where does it go?? This sounds more and more like [censored]pit trouble with me......but I sure don't know were to go next?? Thanks for your patience........ Jim
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:14:48 AM(UTC)
Patrick

The cpp file is the source code, you don't need it ... My bet is that is could be a registry problem ...Did you have a previous version installed on your c:\\ drive ? I would reset your MetaStock registry ... Maybe that would help ... Hold the CTRL+SHIFT keys on your keboard and at the same time start metastock. Click yes on the next prompts ... Patrick :mrgreen:
jimjim  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:32:41 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Patrick, I did the reset .........but, it did not correct the problem.....still can't see the ExternalFunctions. I had also downloaded the ASI.dll and of course it does not show up either. Let me know if anything else comes to mind.... Many thanks..... Jim
tedkhann  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:03:38 PM(UTC)
tedkhann

Hello Jim, My drive is E and I had trouble downloding the ASI dll I solved the problem by downloading it to "My Documents" then un zipped it and then moved it to the dll folder. You could try moving the Forum dll to "My Documents" and rename it there to see if it would work before moving it back. If you have a floppy C drive on your computer - I do, you could download it to there, unzip it and then move it to the folder. Ted.
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:43:35 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Oh I see ... TedKhan is probably right ... When you download the file prior to renaming it do you see ForumDll.[censored] or just ForumDll? Patrick :mrgreen:
jimjim  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 9:49:34 PM(UTC)
jimjim

Tedkhann & Patrick, My applications are on D: drive........ I deleted the ForumDll.dll from the download folder and the ExternalFunctionsDll folder and started over. -downloaded ForumDll.[censored] to my download folder on C: drive. -renamed as ForumDll.dll and copied to ExternalFundctionsDll folder on D: drive -did the Tools; Indicator Builder; New ; Functions Button .....thing and still do not find the FunctionsDll in the left colum (Functions Category) of the Paste Functions window. I had previously reset the MetaStock registery........ So I'm still sitting on square 1........ Is MS 7.2 compatible with Windows 2000 Professional ? Again, thanks for hanging in here for me........looking forward to any new ideas :idea: Jim
Patrick  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 9:53:01 PM(UTC)
Patrick

You did not answer this "When you download the file prior to renaming it do you see ForumDll.[censored] or just ForumDll?" ... Please let me know ...
jimjim  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 10:06:58 PM(UTC)
jimjim

Oops, sorry Patrick, It appears as ForumDll.[censored] in my download folder on C: drive.. I rename it in the download folder b4 copying it to ExternalFunctionsDll folder on D: drive. Jim :?
Patrick  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 10:44:48 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Wow ... sorry ... I let you know if I can think of something else ... :(
crwinnr5  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 12:13:49 AM(UTC)
crwinnr5

jimjim, I think I see what the problem is. You stated the dll was in d:/program files/equis/external function dlls - I think the directory should be d:/program files/equis/metastock/external function dlls. See if that doesn't help. Charley
jimjim  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:10:20 AM(UTC)
jimjim

Hey Charley, Thanks for your support.........I moved the ExternalFunctionsDll folder from Equis to the MetaStock folder as you suggested; but, unfortunately it did not solve the problem(I also restarted the system b4 testing the trial fix). The ManualForumDll documentation says that the dll file is usually in the: C:\\PROGRAM FILES\\ EQUIS\\ExternalFunctionsDll folder. Again, thanks for yours as well as Tedkhann's and especially Patrick's support. It is much appreciated!! Jim :shock:
crwinnr5  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:27:53 AM(UTC)
crwinnr5

Sorry jimjim, it was just a thought - I installed Metastock 9.1 using all Equis defaults and that is where mine is. Charley
Patrick  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:43:23 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Don't be Sorry Charley, the manual is wrong and you are right :D Now just to be clean and Confirm jim .... Your file should be in : D:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\External Function DLLs Can you please confirm the folder loacation and also can you confirm that your folder's name is exactly as spelled/typed as above ... Patrick :mrgreen: