logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:20:58 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm almost done with the function ... Well in fact I'm done but it is kinda buggy right now. I currently call it my metastock crasher :D In any case I will post a new version of the dll for testing only and as always I need som people to test it ... More info on this later ... Patrick :mrgreen:
StorkBite  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:39:58 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
i'll help you... :D
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:45:16 AM(UTC)
Patrick

You better ... I made it for you and hayseed :roll: :lol:
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 3:45:26 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

nah, you got it mixed up... hayseed wanted the pink sparklie trendline function... :smt016
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:31:25 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Right now my function works in testing but it is a MetaStock Crasher ... So I will it to the next step where it outputs a MetaStock Security file using a input and output folder ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 10:54:46 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Alright before I let you go with your testing ... Let me tell you a funny story. Hayseed was courageous enough to post his mistakes today so I will let everyone know why my dll tests were succesfull but somehow ended up crashing my metastock software :D Well in the MDK manual it say to read files follow theses steps : 1. initialize MSFL 2. open directory 3. Get security info ... 20. close directory 21. Shutdown MSFL Well in my dll function I was initialising and shuting down the MSFL ( Metastock File Library ... give metastock access to the data ) :lol: Alright I'm a geek ... :D For those of you who did not get it, at the end of my function I was shuting down the MSFL so MetaStock could not access data anymore ... Because I'm writing a dll for Metastock and not an app outside metastock I do not need to initialise and or shutdown the MSFL :roll: :lol: Well here is how it works, you create a folder with securities, make sure you have data for all securities and in Metastock create an indicator or whatever with the following syntax : ExtFml( "ForumDll.CustomIndex","Path of your folder") For example: ExtFml( "ForumDll.CustomIndex","C:\\Data") Patrick :mrgreen: ps: And yes I know I'm a rockstar 8:-)
hayseed  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 11:48:02 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... i'll be your crash test dummy..... hayseeds like crashing stuff, esp when its someone else's.... you do know who the 'crash test dummies' are don't you...... h
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:20:09 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks :D I doubt it will crash that much though ... Now that found the bug ;) Crash test dummies are we talking about the dummies or the rock'n'roll music band ... :oops: :D You crash derby stuff sounds fun ... Wish I could participate ... :( Patrick :mrgreen:
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:43:57 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Sorry P, I'm away until Saturday. I'll be a dummy then... can't wait... the first rule of a 'good' dummy is to never go first! :P
Patrick  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 1:45:27 AM(UTC)
Patrick

It's alright you will get plenty of opportunities to be a dummy :D :lol: Well hope you have fun ;)
Patrick  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 3:11:37 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Forgot to mention that this function will most likely only work with version 9.1 of metastock ....
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:29:36 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Come on guys is no one istrying this?... My warning was a little strong but to be honest it works just fine, I tested it and it is stable ... I need feedback please :D Patrick :mrgreen:
Jose  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:54:17 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ForumDll.dll isn't recognized by MetaStock Pro v8.01 jose '-)
hayseed  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:55:20 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick..... yeah i'm plodding along with it here.... i had made up some layouts and templates with the prior versions, but coudn't find them.... makin up some new ones....... no crashes so far...... couple things not workin but that might be problem on my end.... ExtFml("ForumDll.VarRSI", (H+O+L+C)/4, Mov(Stoch(5,3),10,E)) ......h
Patrick  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:00:46 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Jose ... Well I'm half tempted to say "Everyone upgrade to MetaStock 9.01" :D I will think about it ... I might just try to make it compatible with earlier version. Would this function be useful to you? Do you think it has potential? Or I should not spend too much time on it and therefore just leave as a MS9.1 file ... Hayseed I might have messed up something as always :lol: I will double check :D Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:28:36 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Just checked the MDK manual and the last major devkit update was for version 8.0 when metastock allowed 6000 securities per folder instead of 2000 in prior versions. So I will take the time to go back and make everything compatible with version 8.0 ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Jose  
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:32:02 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Patrick, I think that the ForumDLL.dll is not only useful, but it has the potential to become a unique tool by virtue of its developer & great support team. :) Not to mention that it has triggered other developers to re-think their Var dll marketing strategy. ;)
Everyone upgrade to MetaStock 9.01"[/quote wrote:
I still use MS v8.01 for two reasons: 1) Backward-forward compatibility with existing clients' versions; 2) Little or no reason/incentive to update. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.co
hayseed  
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:38:41 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... the custom index you mentioned, was that in this version dll.... i might be confusing posts.... ExtFml( "ForumDll.CustomIndex","C:\\MetaStock Data\\dow 30") error returned, 'This function name does not exist in the specified MSX DLL.' is my spelling correct, 'CustomIndex'......h
Patrick  
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:45:31 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Hayseed, Yes the custom index is in this dll ... I did not post it under the current dll ... Your syntax seems fine ... Jose, Well I will maybe give you guys incentive to upgrade to 9.01 later :D But I'm not greedy so I will make it work for 8.0 ... I will post a message when it's done. Thanks for the feedback guys ... Patrick :mrgreen:
hayseed  
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:18:58 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick... my bad..... have several meta's on this computer, i was using a prior dll.... what exactly is the custom index suposed to do... is it simply summing or is there other math..... my dow30, nas100 and s&p500 return odd values.... as example thevalue today for the nas 100 has a 30.5, the s$p500 has 30.6 and dow 30 has 47.12.....h