logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pkatta  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 7:37:46 PM(UTC)
pkatta

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, I tried power pivots when I bought metastock. In my initial testing I found that one of their systems looked forward which makes useless in real life but perfect in backtests. Equis support also confirmed that similar issues had been reported. I also found that as I added data the expert signals kept changing. I have read other posts about disappearing/changing signals. There seems to be some info out there that this happens only when the bar keeps changing like tick data. If this group thinks that there are no such issues with PowerPivots then I will go back to Metastock and consider buying powerpivots and testing it again. Has anybody been able to trade profitably using PowerPivots? Thanks.
henry1224  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2005 11:44:24 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The first thing is that the systems are password protected so you cannot adjust them, that is a major cause of the misinformation about PowerPivots Plus's bad press! The functions work ok and I would highly recommend the use of Syseval in all systems and experts The use of trend direction is another function that I would recommend. The use of Nth pivotprice changes when a new pivot forms.