logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:19:18 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

only couple more days on patricks wish list.... if ya can think of anything i'm sure we would all benifit by posting it over there..... quite a few pretty good suggestions on it already.... here are some fwiw thoughts until those suggestion wishes are fullfilled.... ..... the indicator box limit does get in the way at times..... my solution was to break the formulas up into smaller pieces and then combining those in another formula..... so technicaly speaking there is almost no limit, just extra steps.... the indicator, expert, explorations and system tests can become overwhelming..... and thats not even considering layouts and templates..... dang can you just imagine what henrys lists must be.... now we know why the electric grid failed up there some years back.... he turned on his computers.......... my solution there was to create multiple metas, just having different folder paths and desktop short cuts.... there is a meta jose, meta roy, meta fourm, meta test , and about 4 others.... and of course the out of the box versions..... the meta jose has every indicator of his , and so on.... the meta test is just for indicators, experts, and things of mine that are in construction stage, ie, 1 step from the trash bin...... you can have as many metas as you need but some things created in 9.1, charts, layouts, will only work in other 9.1's and will not work in 9.0's ....... your local data will work across them all..... 1 can be set for reuters and and another set for QuoteCenter..... you can pull a layout, template or chart out of 1 and use in another, 9.1 excepted.... and all will act indepedently.... necessity is the mother of invention, so keep those necessary wishes coming.... if perhaps they don't get fullfilled this go around, maybe we can figure out an temporary invention......h