logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2005 1:25:34 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

have quite a few things to post regarding meta, just been kinda wrapped up studying QC lately.... first an obvious comment on the previous post.... when including the pe as a indicator it will require attention every quarter.... 'csco's pe is fixin to change so the formula in prior post will need to be changed also..... if you plot things such as price to book, price to sales, pe and such, you'll notice the plots will have different values but they will overlay perfectly.... thats just the ratio effect.... noticed a couple posts about confusing line studies awhile back..... some line studies will make sense when carried from security to next security and some will not.... some can just be there for reference.... fibonccia lines are a good example of what will not make sense and raff regression is an example of one that will.... raff lines are math applied to a begining date and an end date.... that math will adjust the channel to match the security.... you can make regression templates, here is my spy an example, set for specific times.... here is the chart.... both those are made with 9.1 and quote center, i'll post the standard meta 9 version later.... if downloaded to a folder you should be able click on it and it should open in your meta.... you'll need to zoom out.... notice a couple things here.... both the raff regression lines and the fibonaccia are intentionaly differing colors.... you can set colors under 'tools'>default colors and styles.... also i have green circles at the macd crossing 0.... thats so when applying the template to another security, i can see where the spy macd crossed in relation to the macd of the security the template was applied..... for lead lag relationship..... will catch up on my posting here.....h
traderbullish  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 6:54:30 PM(UTC)
traderbullish

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

"here is my spy an example" this file is saved as .MWT ext I can't open it with MSX any hint? "here is the chart " is saved as . MWC ext but it show me from Jan01,2006 chart I am not able to see it at all...any hint to fix it? Is MSX automatic change data period to 2006?
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 8:20:54 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey traderb.... thanks for pointing that out..... i should have included better instructions..... for the chart to work you must be online and using quotecenter data.... embeded in the charts dta file is qc's online spy folder path.... if you are online and using qc just click that link, then open should load the chart in your meta.... the template needs to be right clicked and saved first.... you can save it anywhere but its simplier to save it in metastocks special folder for templates, 'charts'.... you can't open a template you must apply it.... so with any chart open just right click and choose 'apply template'..... that one should be called 'spy_fib_raff" .... apply it.... scrolling through a folder with it applied the raff lines will always adjust to the next security but the fib lines will never..... holler back if ya don't follow.....h
traderbullish  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2006 8:49:18 PM(UTC)
traderbullish

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

thank H..