logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marilyn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2005 10:30:54 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello All! Sorry - been a little busy these days... but the pressure is easing... so what's going on?? So - let's be frank. I have to put together a mail piece to send out (bit nervous). What sort of offer would entice someone to upgrade to 9.1??? (this one is for those pre 9.0 users) Is there anything? Price? Extra things thrown in? Tell me what you are looking for and I will go to bat for you... No Marilyn bashing though.. just doing my job. :)
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 2:23:10 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey marilyn.... really not in a position to comment much, seeing how 9.0 and 9.1 are all i've ever had.... so comparisons with past versions are impossible..... i can say that 9, now 9.1, has served me well, my only regret is not purchasing it earlier......h
hey patrick..... thanks for the lastest lesson 4, justin also..... still giving the wishlist some thought, have yet to think of a thing..... or at least anything that would be practical..... btw, betcha a nickel i can both warm and enlighten the place..... if not today, then by this weekend for sure......hayseeds are known for antics, a possible antonym of antarc's...... thanks for everything, everybody......h
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 10:27:34 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey marilyn..... the only thing that i could think of, other than offering the plugin of their choice, would be to offer a couple months of free data.... it would be a simple matter to reinvest the 'data' savings, several hundred dollars, into the market and eventualy in effect get 9.1 for free..... still studying on it..... btw, speaking of reinvesting, here is a view from a warm southern afternoon in hayseedville...... the price of pears, the weight of coons and the value of reinvesting dividends......... h
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 11:05:57 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey marilyn, patrick and g.... another quick thought, its possible that the precentage of meta 9 users is quite high on this forum to begin with.... in order to reach the maximum number of prior versions your post might have better results posted as a sticky.... it has the real potential of saving someone money.... it'd be a shame to have it buried in the past..... just a thought.....h
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 11:08:13 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Done. Thanks h! Nice night pics, BTW!
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 11:09:34 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Nice! Remind me not to stop and ask the price of pears... though I do have to say that I LOVE raccoons... :smt060 My grandparents used to live in Northern California (well, my grandma still does) and we used to leave a bowl of dog chow and a bowl of water out for them... saved picking up garbage every morning. John - where were you that you had penguin crossings??? NZ? :)
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 11:13:15 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

M, I just sorted out the business!!!! Now we're digressing again. :P Hey, I like racoons too... racoon blankets!
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2005 11:14:38 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:smt081 g - you make me laugh out loud... then people peek around to see what I am up to! I was busy digressing while you were reorganizing.. :)
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2005 12:42:45 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Nice (btw - that is sarcasm for P and G and lovely and nice for h )... Ok - here is another question then... for those of you on an older version... Why aren't you interested in upgrading... and be honest (nice but honest). If I understand then I may be able to help (no guarantees of course but more of us pushing for the same cause will help - remember Nemo??? Swim Down! ) So how about the #1 that I have heard... the new System Tester isn't as good as the old. What else do you have for me???
StorkBite  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2005 3:09:26 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

M- Running with hayseed's idea, perhaps those with pre-9.0 EOD could be upgraded to 9.0 RT and a limited time free data feed... maybe a month or two. Those whom have never used RT data might get hooked, then you have a RT subscriber on the asset side of your books. Might be a small investment for a big return. :smt115
Marilyn  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2005 3:18:43 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Good idea! We actually have an offer kind of like that for anyone who already has MS... Basically - if you already own Pro (any version) you can have 9.1 for QC for free and you'll get 1 month data for free. If you have EOD you pay like $699 (the lowest we have ever ever ever gone was $999 - usually $1199 is the discount) and you get 1 month data for free. The problem is I don't have anything going for someone who wants to remain an end of day user... Can't forget about them just because I have super cool real time data... :) M PS - watch for the mailer with the space shuttle... in design now...
henry1224  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2005 11:44:55 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
1st use the reuters datalink to be able to download QuoteCenter symbols, or a faster download for QuoteCenter 2nd offer intraday data on a delayed basis 3rd after running an exploration, allow charts to be opened with a template 4th open code for systems and experts 5th trade oracle should be able to compare all of the systems, not just the packaged systems 6th the same for the system performance results 7th a portfollio feature that updates in RT 8th better features in optionscope
POLAR_BEAR  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 11:39:51 AM(UTC)
POLAR_BEAR

[color=blue:4bd3995519]The new version should address the following as well:[/color] http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=1478 8:-)
investorretired  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:40:36 PM(UTC)
investorretired

Marilyn: Why not make the only difference between EOD and Professional versions of MetaStock the ability to handle intraday data.
Marilyn  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:35:59 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Ok - forgive me for my ignorance but isn't that the only difference between EOD and Pro?
Jose  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2005 6:22:39 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Marilyn wrote:
What sort of offer would entice someone to upgrade to 9.1???
How about simple-to-create keyboard macros for complete program automation, as in this great charting software: http://web.archive.org/w...astock/dos/features.html jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:11:42 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow it's been a long time since I last saw this website :D Marilyn has never seen it :lol: ... Hey M you should click on jose's link and see what the website use to look like ... Patrick :mrgreen
Marilyn  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:01:04 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

OMG... yuck! :) of course I am only looking at the pictures... :) M