logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:12:34 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I uninstalled everyhting on my computer devkit and metastock and all, then installed ms9.0 eod and tried the DLL and it works just fine. I'm affraid nobody noticed that I uploaded the new version in the same spot ... So I'm making a new thread ... Again Ignore the MsConstant function ... Thanks for your help. Patrick :mrgreen:
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:17:09 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey patrick.... missed version 2, but version 3 returns the same results as version 1 so i'm assuming that a success.... also downloaded the new cpp file.....thanks....h
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:20:19 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks Hayssed :D
john_hastie  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 3:40:54 AM(UTC)
john_hastie

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Version 3 is good for me. Thanks
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 3:44:21 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Thanks John :D
wabbit  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:59:54 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
.... and working here too! Patrick Well done. wabbit :D
bearishbull  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:07:42 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

patrick, It works on almost al formula's but not all..The entry's are always good, but sometimes he confuses short exits with long exits and vice versa.. What i'm saing. Using: If(Cum(1)=1,0,If(le,1,If(se,-1,If((lx AND PREV=1) OR (sx AND PREV=-1),0,PREV)))); gives other (the right ones) results. Sorry to bring you this bad news, hope you can fix it. You need to mimic that formula for the dll in c++ (its C++ right?) and then it will work PERFECT!
hayseed  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:43:01 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey bearishbull..... i had assumed that the labels for 'enter short' and such were out of order and just rearranged them..... my typical systems will exit long and enter short on the same conditions, which required some swapping in patricks example..... and of'course my thoughts could be off track.....h
bearishbull  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:45:59 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

hayseed wrote:
hey bearishbull..... i had assumed that the labels for 'enter short' and such were out of order and just rearranged them..... my typical systems will exit long and enter short on the same conditions, which required some swapping in patricks example..... and of'course my thoughts could be off track.....h
I have different conditions for xs and se
hayseed  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:06:42 PM(UTC)
hayseed

dang, forgot my original point..... has anyone downloaded the dll into meta 9.0...... patrick mentions 9.0 above.... i can get it in easy enough, several times actually, but it will not show up in the functions like it does in 9.1 ........ can't think of any reason it would matter but, my 9.0 is for esignal and 9.1 is for quotecenter...... i have 9.1 for esignal but haven't tried to load it there yet..... h
hey bearishbull.... thanks for the reply...... my xs and se would be different also..... i may be labeling things differently than others....h long entry= le -------- B = 1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> 1 long exit= lx --------- B = -1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> -1 short entry= se ----- B = -1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> -1 short exit= sx ------------ B = 1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> 1
Patrick  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 8:23:10 PM(UTC)
Patrick

BearishBull ... I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you give me a specific example?
bearishbull  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 9:55:18 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

Patrick wrote:
BearishBull ... I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you give me a specific example?
What I meant is: this forumdll don't work. It don't see the difference between a exitlong and exitshort....If you still don't understand I will make an example with charts to let you see what this forumdll does and what it should do.
bearishbull  
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:30:51 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

Here is the error for the exitsignals.. LE:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 200, S)); LX:=Cross(Mov(C, 40, S)-0.001, C); SE:=Cross(Mov(C, 200, S), C); SX:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 40, S)+0.001); B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); Let's say you are long LE on the market with this example and there comes an SX signal. It should ignore this but what happens? See my point? it shows a exitsignal. Try it for yourself. Sorry to bring you this news :( Hope you can fix this in version 4 of the dll
Patrick  
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:48:05 PM(UTC)
Patrick

That seems impossible but I will test it. Can you tell me which security you applied that on? Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 11:50:49 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Just to make sure, here is the template again ... ENTER LONG : LE:={your Condition here}; LX:={your Condition here}; SE:={your Condition here}; SX:={your Condition here}; B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = 1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> 1 ENTER SHORT : LE:={your Condition here}; LX:={your Condition here}; SE:={your Condition here}; SX:={your Condition here}; B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = -1 AND Ref(B,-1) <> -1 EXIT LONG : LE:={your Condition here}; LX:={your Condition here}; SE:={your Condition here}; SX:={your Condition here}; B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = 0 AND Ref(B,-1) = 1 EXIT SHORT : LE:={your Condition here}; LX:={your Condition here}; SE:={your Condition here}; SX:={your Condition here}; B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = 0 AND Ref(B,-1) = -1 Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 2:23:08 AM(UTC)
Patrick

BearishBull I tested your formula and saw no problems ... Please check your formulae and/or tell me which symbol has the error. Patrick :mrgreen:
bearishbull  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
bearishbull

I had the same template as you, did in on euro FX futures..When I use the code it does SX even when you long and LX even when you short (but it uses the right signals, so when your lx is a blue stopsign and you are long on the market, you see a blue stopsign BUT it exits with SX, very strange!).. try my code on a stock and change the +0.001 and -0.001 in the SX and LX code to something bigger so that there is a difference between short en long exits. if I use If(Cum(1)=1,0,If(le,1,If(se,-1,If((lx AND PREV=1) OR (sx AND PREV=-1),0,PREV)))); in place of the forumdll it don't SX when you are long en LX when you are short..The forumdll should give the same results as that code, but it don't.
Patrick  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 1:57:52 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Please copy and paste your short exit and long exit formulae (the whole thing) in a post so that I can look at them. What I do not understand is that you said it gave good entry signals but wrong exit signals? The exit signals are based on the entry signals so if the entries are correct it is very unlikely that the exits are wrong. Also you keep posting your formula, guess what , that is exactly what the dll does ... The dll is just written in another programming language. Patrick :mrgreen: PS: by the way I tested your request and so no changes ...
bearishbull  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 2:51:44 PM(UTC)
bearishbull

Patrick wrote:
Please copy and paste your short exit and long exit formulae (the whole thing) in a post so that I can look at them. What I do not understand is that you said it gave good entry signals but wrong exit signals? The exit signals are based on the entry signals so if the entries are correct it is very unlikely that the exits are wrong. Also you keep posting your formula, guess what , that is exactly what the dll does ... The dll is just written in another programming language. Patrick :mrgreen: PS: by the way I tested your request and so no changes ...
{long exit} LE:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 200, S)); LX:=Cross(Mov(C, 40, S)-0.001, C); SE:=Cross(Mov(C, 200, S), C); SX:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 40, S)+0.001); B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = 0 AND Ref(B,-1) =1 {short exit} LE:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 200, S)); LX:=Cross(Mov(C, 40, S)-0.001, C); SE:=Cross(Mov(C, 200, S), C); SX:=Cross(C, Mov(C, 40, S)+0.001); B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); B = 0 AND Ref(B,-1) =-1 when I change B:= ExtFml("ForumDll.Latch",LE,LX,SE,SX); with the other code I posted withoud forumdll it works fine. But I hope I can let it work without the prev's so with the forumdll
Patrick  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2005 3:13:47 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Please give me the following : Data Provider Name: Exact Symbol: Periodicity of the chart: How much Data is loaded or first data and last date: Date and time of wrong signal: Thanks, Patrick