logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fousc  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:02:00 AM(UTC)
fousc

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

i have metastock pro 9 and just recently got Rueters datalink as my datafeed. when i open up metastock it comes up with an error saying it can not connect to DBC data manager becuase Winros.exe could not be found? apparently winros.exe is a esignal program but i have reuters datalink......... does anyone know how to fix this problem? thanks all, fousc :shock:
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 2:10:27 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You must have received the pro version by accident, just reinstal the program and select "no real time vendor" when prompted. It will default the settings to reuters datalink. Patrick :mrgreen:
fousc  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 3:00:14 PM(UTC)
fousc

ive seen that answer as a solution before, ive tried to do it but i dont know how. when i install the program there is no prompt for selecting "no real time vendor". ??
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 3:54:26 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Since it is business hours here you should call our support team at 801-265-9998 - they should be able to sort it out.. Thanks! M
fousc  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 4:14:57 PM(UTC)
fousc

im headed out for work and wont be able to be at my computer for them to walk me through anything through the support phone call, so if anyone has had this problem before and knows the solution please reply. is support open on weekends? thanks all, fousc
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 4:35:33 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hopefully some one will reply... unfortunately no one is here on the weekends... I will try to get some one to look at this post... M
KevinC  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2005 2:09:11 PM(UTC)
KevinC

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

fousc wrote:
ive seen that answer as a solution before, ive tried to do it but i dont know how. when i install the program there is no prompt for selecting "no real time vendor". ??
What Patrick listed is correct. When you begin installing the software, it will ask you for the typical user information, such as user name, setup key, etc. A little further in, it will ask you who your real-time data vendor is, with eSignal being one of the options. Select the "No Real Time Vendor" option and click Next. At this point, it will prompt you for your Reuters Datalink user ID and password. If you still experience difficulty installing the software, please contact our Support department directly at 801-265-9998.
ashish855  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:09:15 AM(UTC)
ashish855

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue of WINROS.exe error. my question is :

During installation, there is no prompt for selecting " No real time vendor", hence,

Is it possible to disable esignal as the data feed since this error is occuring since esignal is set as the default data feed. Can we disable this setting?

Also, can we resolve this issue without installing ESIGNAL software?

Thanks,

Ashish