logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 5:37:26 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is about 20 minutes ... Formula Latches based on Roy Larsen's document http://forum.equis.com/Training/FormulaTraining/Lesson4.htmlquis.com/Training/FormulaTraining/Lesson4.swf[/url] I mention a formula with 4 states using the prev function, did not find mine but found this from henry which is exactly like the type of formulae I was talking about. [color=red:44cb8ad474]Update: Now you can use the ForumDLL latch function to make all this a lot easier ...[/color] Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 5:54:30 AM(UTC)
Patrick

I was watching the training to make sure it worked and was not to bad. Let me add that Roy's solution is interresting because it does not use the prev function. Another way of doing the same thing would be to type : Buy:=Your formula; Sell:=Your formula; State:=If(buy,1,If(Sell,-1,PREV)); State; But as you already know using the prev function slows down the calculations and it is better to not use them when possible. Patrick :mrgreen:
bearishbull  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 6:19:15 AM(UTC)
bearishbull

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Patrick wrote:
It is about 20 minutes ... Formula Latches based on Roy Larsen's document http://forum.equis.com/T...ulaTraining/Lesson4.html To Download, right click and select "save target as" http://forum.equis.com/T...mulaTraining/Lesson4.swf I mention a formula with 4 states using the prev function, did not find mine but found this from henry which is exactly like the type of formulae I was talking about. Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick, thanks again for this good lesson. I have one question. I'm nog working on a expert with 4 conditions. How do I use the latches now with: buy:= sell:= exitbuy:= exitsell:= hope you have the answer.
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 6:55:54 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Take a look at the second to last post for the exact setup. http://forum.equis.com/v...hp?t=226&highlight=state Take a look at this formula for an example : {Enter Long} BullTrend:=Cross(Mov(C,5,S),Max(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S))); BearTrend:=Cross(Min(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S)),Mov(C,5,S)); Trend:=If(BarsSince(Ref(BullTrend,-1))<BarsSince(Ref(BearTrend,-1)),1,-1); EnterLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); ExitLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); EnterShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); ExitShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); Status:=If(EnterLong,2,If(EnterShort,-2,If(ExitLong,1,If(ExitShort,-1,PREV)))); EL:=Cross(Status,1.5); XL:=Cross(1.5,Status) AND Ref(Status,-1)=2; ES:=Cross(-1.5,Status); XS:=Cross(Status,-1.5) AND Ref(Status,-1)=-2; EL {Exit Long} BullTrend:=Cross(Mov(C,5,S),Max(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S))); BearTrend:=Cross(Min(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S)),Mov(C,5,S)); Trend:=If(BarsSince(Ref(BullTrend,-1))<BarsSince(Ref(BearTrend,-1)),1,-1); EnterLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); ExitLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); EnterShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); ExitShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); Status:=If(EnterLong,2,If(EnterShort,-2,If(ExitLong,1,If(ExitShort,-1,PREV)))); EL:=Cross(Status,1.5); XL:=Cross(1.5,Status) AND Ref(Status,-1)=2; ES:=Cross(-1.5,Status); XS:=Cross(Status,-1.5) AND Ref(Status,-1)=-2; XL {Enter Short} BullTrend:=Cross(Mov(C,5,S),Max(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S))); BearTrend:=Cross(Min(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S)),Mov(C,5,S)); Trend:=If(BarsSince(Ref(BullTrend,-1))<BarsSince(Ref(BearTrend,-1)),1,-1); EnterLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); ExitLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); EnterShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); ExitShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); Status:=If(EnterLong,2,If(EnterShort,-2,If(ExitLong,1,If(ExitShort,-1,PREV)))); EL:=Cross(Status,1.5); XL:=Cross(1.5,Status) AND Ref(Status,-1)=2; ES:=Cross(-1.5,Status); XS:=Cross(Status,-1.5) AND Ref(Status,-1)=-2; ES {Exit Short} BullTrend:=Cross(Mov(C,5,S),Max(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S))); BearTrend:=Cross(Min(Mov(C,10,S),Mov(C,20,S)),Mov(C,5,S)); Trend:=If(BarsSince(Ref(BullTrend,-1))<BarsSince(Ref(BearTrend,-1)),1,-1); EnterLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); ExitLong:=Trend=1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); EnterShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(75,Stoch(14,3)); ExitShort:=Trend=-1 AND Cross(Stoch(14,3),25); Status:=If(EnterLong,2,If(EnterShort,-2,If(ExitLong,1,If(ExitShort,-1,PREV)))); EL:=Cross(Status,1.5); XL:=Cross(1.5,Status) AND Ref(Status,-1)=2; ES:=Cross(-1.5,Status); XS:=Cross(Status,-1.5) AND Ref(Status,-1)=-2; XS Patrick :mrgreen:
edwin4400  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2005 1:39:05 PM(UTC)
edwin4400

Hi Patrick, Nice work on the training of latches!!! Step by step explanation really help in my understanding. Zillions of thanks, Edwin
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2005 3:26:29 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks Patrick for this lesson. This one is a bit complex for me, even though you make the guts of it look simple. Hopefully I'll be able to work my way up to it in the future. :D
happysingh  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:56:03 AM(UTC)
happysingh

hello patrick sir how r u i am new to meta stock and has seen and downloaded all u r lessons. i really asppreciate u r good work and efforts for thinking andd working for novice users like me. i am grateful to reply to such a great person. really sir thanks alot for all u r efforts. sir as i told u i am new to it, i have some questions i have got metastock pro 8 end of day how can i update it to new metastock, i can't afford new buy also i have downloaded all u r lessons but lesson 1 works properlky with real player lesson 2 and meta stock demo doesnn't wok. i installed flash media player and also shockwave player stilll it doesn't work. when i play it with window media player then it says u r security settings does n't allow the same. so please guide me if u can i have windows xp service pack 2 installed waiting for reply thank you navneet here
happysingh  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 7:02:11 AM(UTC)
happysingh

sir my lessons are now working as i have downloaded the quicktime player so lessons problem is solved. please reply the other problem. thank u navneet
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:35:04 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Happy- Have you checked out this upgrade link? https://www.metastock.com/Products/MSP/Upgrade.aspx?for your particular product. :D
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 7:06:54 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

You can also check with Viratech directly... their contact info is here https://www.metastock.co...ners/Partner.aspx?p=1009 If you get it locally you can avoid the shipping charges (or at least our shipping charges). :) M