logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bolitar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:05:02 PM(UTC)
bolitar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello, I am attempting to use the Downloader to import a text file of ASX stocks into my existing historical data file. It tells me the files have been converted successfully, but all thats happening is that the individual text files for each stock are being loaded into the individual folders. They are not joining on to the existing data so the charts are not displaying the new data. The text file being converted has heaps more stocks than my existing history. The extras are mainly options and warrants that I am not interested in, but just come together with the ordinary stocks in the text file I am trying to import. The relevant settings I am using are: In the Convert Securities Dialog Source File Type - ASCII Text Destination File Type - ASCII Text (I have tried using Metastock here but as soon as I browse for my destination folder, the Downloader shuts down) In the Conversion Options Dialog Source - peridicity is set at daily , max errors 1000, date range blank, Use todays date and traverse folders unchecked. Destination - Append data checked, Traverse folders checked,Create new folders checked, Fields to output - symbol, date open, high, low, close, volume checked. I have checked that the text file is in the right format. The message that the Downloader gives at the end of the conversion is "Data converted and stored". Unfortunately, though, my charts are not updated and my history folders (A - Z) are full of heaps of new individual text files. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:04:08 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Bolitar :D Can you post the test file opr is it too big? What version of MetaStock and the Downloader are you using? Patrick :mrgreen:
bolitar  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:06:27 PM(UTC)
bolitar

Hi Patrick, I have Version 7.03. I cant seem to work out how to copy the test report but the errorsreported seem to consist of Error #1102 Last date more than 31 days ago (thrse are for delisted or merged stocks I still have in my history file) and Error #1091 large chang in close. Not all stocks appear on the error list so it appears that most are passing the test but are just not getting tacked on to the existing data files.
bolitar  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:27:30 PM(UTC)
bolitar

Problem solved. Destination file type required was Metastock. Rather than browsing to locate the destination folder which caused the downloader to shut down for some reason, I just typed in the folder name and location. It then worked like a charm.